Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I could get a little help from the ladies out there.

When my girl rides on the back of the bike with me, her hair gets all twisted and tangled. She wears a helmet and a ponytail. I just feel bad cause she has to brush it out and it doesn't look like it is any fun.. Any suggestions, tips, tricks, girl secrets?

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
My hair is pretty long. I wear a helmet, but even with a helmet on, my hair's so tangled when I get home that it takes half an hour to brush it out. I went riding yesterday, and this time I put a French braid in my hair. It worked perfectly! No tangles whatsoever. The ponytail doesn't seem to help all that much, but the braid holds all the hair together so it can't tangle.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
jukief said:
My hair is pretty long. I wear a helmet, but even with a helmet on, my hair's so tangled when I get home that it takes half an hour to brush it out. I went riding yesterday, and this time I put a French braid in my hair. It worked perfectly! No tangles whatsoever. The ponytail doesn't seem to help all that much, but the braid holds all the hair together so it can't tangle.
Good one...the braid idea!!! I would agree with that too.
However I have very short hair, no hair problems....well except with "helmet" head!! :wink:

·
Registered
605 Posts
girl, a good way to fix that is to get a skullie,beanie, whatever you want to call it and pull it on then put on your helmet, not only will it make sure your helmet is nice and snug, it'll keep your hair in one place as you pull your helmet off

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Helmet Head, now that is a real problem!

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
My hair is short right now....but I used to have long hair. I used a large silk scarf folded in half diagonally. I would put it on and cross the corners under my chin, over the third corner, pull my hair up above the wrap and wrap the ends around my neck and tie loosely. This not only kept my hair out of the way, it gave me a less severe case of helmet head. :D It works great in cool weather to keep the cold air from going down your neck.

Sounds complicated, but it has always worked for me. I will start using the scarf in the winter when I ride to keep my neck warm.

I have never been good at braiding my own hair.

Heather

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll foward this information along, and hopefully will provide a more pleasant after riding experience.. :lol:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Shouldn't ever

Shouldn't ever say NEVER! It could happen for many reasons...accidents, Tumor, Even radiation therapy,,,ewven something that causes hair loss. Even a bet...I know That I had my hair shaved about 4 months to protest my wife getting her hair cut for three weeks in a row. I color and style her hair, When she gets it cut as short as she did you couldn't put it up, braid it...nothing. that very night I shaed my head and the next morning over my coffee and her tea, we discussed it...hers is growing back shortly, mine is in serious need of a trim. I dislike the Dolly Madison Curls that I have right now...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts