Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my pants/jacket have been rubbing on my tank and scuffing it. anyone else have this problem? what are my options to fix it if I don't want a 'bra'?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well....this wont sound like professional help, not at all, because I dont know the name of that thing. But if u dont want a bra, u can put this thing that goes from your seat and goes up a bit on the tank. Its like a sticker you put on the tank. I have this on my bike and it is both nice and stop my belt and jacket from scratching the tank. So if anyone reads this and knows what the name of that kind of sticker is, please clarify!

·
Registered
54 Posts
are you talking about the strips that mimic what a tire looks like? i dont know the name either so no help i was. but doesnt 3M make "plastic" strips for that reason. it sticks to whereever you want it and its clear. i dontknow how durable they are though but just a suggestion. it might be worth a search

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You mean a tank pad? Yeah, I've been researching a bit and I think I'll go with one of those. They're basically a padded sticker the goes right above your seat on the tank.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That picture right up there!! Thats exactly what I have on my tank, and it helps protect alot. A tank pad...yeah. Mine is black and white, but Ive seen all colors, all kinds. Im sure youll find the perfect one for your bike :wink:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Tobydawg said:
my pants/jacket have been rubbing on my tank and scuffing it. anyone else have this problem? what are my options to fix it if I don't want a 'bra'?
Buy some rubbing compound and it will take the scratches out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts