Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, i'm working on a 1999 ZX-6R engine, and I can't realize the function of some things i found out on the engine, I'll try to explain anyway if I'm not clear just tell me I will shot some pic for better understand.

- looking on the intake pipe, before throttle valve, there's a plastic guillotine, closed. Do you know what's it's function, when it opens, and what makes them open?

- from carbs starts a pipe that goes on the bottom of the airbox, do you know what's its function, and what will happen if i pull it out from the airbox?

- between throttle valve and head, on the intake pipe, start a little pipe that goes to a depressor (i think it's a depressor) and from the depressor start a larger pipe that goes to a little box integrated on the head cover, operning this little box it as a thin layer that if pushed opens under the head cover; opening the head cover i found out that the little box is connected to a pipe that seems to go down through all the head.
This is only for the 2 central carbs, the other 2 have the pipe coming from the intake pipe plugged.
Do you know what all that is used for?

thank you everybody! I'm sorry for my bad english :(

bye

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
from the sounds of it your looking at all the EMISSIONS CRAP under the tanks nowadays.
some pics would clear it up for me though and i can give you more concise info. :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts