Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Motorcycle off a friend which he assured me the millage at the time April 2018 was 9,000. I bought it rode it for a year and I put exactly 6,000. The situation is I bought a oem speedometer from offer up because the original speedometer was cracked and the cracked covered the mileage numbers. The new speedometer read 36,000 at the time I put it on my motorcycle. Now it states 42,000. My problem is I am trying to sell it but everyone thinks it has 42,000 miles and I am 90% sure it has about 15,000. I have the cracked speedometer but no way to see the original mileage but I am assured by my friend it was 9,000. Since the new speedometer from 36000-42000 is now 6000 I have added to the motor. I have done very well at maintaining the motorcycle. It runs like a champ. This small detail is tough to sell to newbies that are in the market for a 300. Those who are professionals and understand the technicalities are having difficulty trusting me. I have integrity I would not put any one I sell this motorcycle too at risk which is why I reveal everything and anything about the motorcycle.

Is there any way I can have the old speedometer read to assure my potential buyers?
I still have the speedometer . I have ask mechanics and they do not know maybe someone can help here.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If the crack is making it totally impossible to read the original odometer, then why not break out all of the glass? It seems to me that this is the only way you can re-assure the buyer while at the same time confirming that what your friend told you was true. Keep us posted and good luck with the sale.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts