Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to pick up a 1978 KZ750 twin,titled project bike for $300.00.

I would look to put some Cafe style bits on it such as drag or clubman bars,cut down seat(but keep rear tail),small turn signals,bar end mirrors,smaller tail lamp,

It needs a lot work of course,but I was just wanting to pick up some pros and cons of this unique KZ model. I believe they were only made the the U.S market from 1976 to 1982(?).

I know they don't make much power(about 55 H.P.)and are quite heavy for what they are.

I do like the fact that they have both electric and kick starters(just seems uh..right. They have a nice standard(U.J.M.)style and lend themselves very well to the Cafe treatment without too much trouble.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That High-pipe is killer!
I like how it retained the kick stater too.

My Hodaka Ace 100 cafe/racer sports a high-pipe as well.

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts
I have a chance to pick up a 1978 KZ750 twin,titled project bike for $300.00.

I would look to put some Cafe style bits on it such as drag or clubman bars,cut down seat(but keep rear tail),small turn signals,bar end mirrors,smaller tail lamp,

It needs a lot work of course,but I was just wanting to pick up some pros and cons of this unique KZ model. I believe they were only made the the U.S market from 1976 to 1982(?).

I know they don't make much power(about 55 H.P.)and are quite heavy for what they are.

I do like the fact that they have both electric and kick starters(just seems uh..right. They have a nice standard(U.J.M.)style and lend themselves very well to the Cafe treatment without too much trouble.
I really like my 1979 KZ750 twin. They are not the screaming bullet bike, but they are big and solid, plenty of torque so you don't have to shift gears so much and tach the engine up.

When I rebuilt the engine, I sure was glad it had only two pistons and four valves total.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
$300? Buy it and have fun! Maybe you can do a remake of the one pictured by Kawah1c. I'd surely love to have something like that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts