Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you on the forum have the V&H Pro pipe"hs" on your bike? If so how do you like it's sound and preformance? I have one on order but would still like to hear from some people who have them on their bikes.I guess my main question would be how loud are they? And how does thier sound compare with say "longshots" or other two init two pipes in your opinion? Any information would be appreciated!
Lonestar

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive got a pair of VH Straight shots and they sound awsome. Ive got an 02 mean streak. When im idling they just lop (spelling)......
im sure you love them.
what kind of bike do you have?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
V&H PIPES

I HAVE AN '02 1500CLASSIC FI, MY LAST BIKE WAS A 03 VN800 VULCAN. I REALLY LIKED THE 800 AROUND TOWN IT WAS GREAT, BUT THE COBRA SLASHCUTS I HAD ON IT WERE ANNOYING AFTER ABOUT 1 OR TWO HRS. ON THE HWY AT-70-80 MPH. I'VE GOT THE V&H PROPIPE ON ORDER AND I'M REALLY HOPEING IT WON'T BE TOO LOUD. I REALLY LOVED THE WAY MY 800 RAN WITH PIPES-CARB/KIT AND K&N FILTER BUT GOT TIRED OF THE NOISE(AND THE COBRAS WERE BAFFLED).
I PREFER THE LOOKS OF THE DUAL PIPES ON V TWINS BUT CAN'T FIND ONE QUIET ENOUGH FOR ME THAT STILL GENERATES THE POWER BOOST I'M LOOKING FOR. FOR A 1500 CC MOTOR THE CLASSIC IS VERY LAID BACK ON IT'S POWER DELIVERY.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Texas,
If you're into the V&H pipes just listen to them online. Atleast you'll get an idea of how loud they are with reference to each other. And since it sounds like you have heard the longshots already you now have an actual sound to put up against the recording. Other than that you'll have to chase one down to hear it. :D

·
Registered
710 Posts
Last weekend my neighbor and I went out for a nice long ride, 2hrs plus.
He had just installed the V&H Bigshots on his Honda VTX 1300 and since I am interested in replacing my stock pipes on my Vulcan classic 1500 we switched bikes for the 1st leg of the trip. Around town the noise level was high but not entirely annoying and the few times that I opened it up I thought to myself, hmm this is pretty cool. Once we were on the interstate the decibals seemed magnified and after an hour and a noise induced headache, I couldn't wait to get back into the saddle of my 1500. I spoke with people at Hard Krome and until they release the quieter pipes which probably will not be until next summer, my best alternative is to install the 3.5" slip-ons which will give me a nice growl but not position me for hearing aids in a couple of years!! As for my neighbor, after the initial thrill of loud pipes wore off (about a week) he is now exploring ways of quieting the beast. Here's a link that describes some new baffles for the bigshots at least. Not sure about any other models.
http://www.cyclespot.com/baffles.html

·
Registered
837 Posts
call me the next time your in town..if im in..listen to my straight shots...their not bad..... :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts