Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 meanie and am putting on the 3" HK stagered pipes and can't make my mind up between the TFI or Corba Fi2000 FI mapping controllers.
I see that most have used the TFI but was wondering about the Corba product. They look like they have the same funtions but I was questioning the quality of both. Any help would be nice. Also,about the pipes,its looks like the 02/03 1500 HK pipes will work on the 04 1600 ..... right ????

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
From what I hear- the Cobra is a TFI knock off, so might as well get the TFI. Some of us prefer powercommander: Another wonderful discussion

Some of the meanie guys will be in shortly to asnwer the question about the pipes. Oh, nice choice in pipes too- those are the oned I wanted but they hadn't come out yet =(

Phatboy

·
Registered
132 Posts
UA99003 said:
I have a 04 meanie and am putting on the 3" HK stagered pipes and can't make my mind up between the TFI or Corba Fi2000 FI mapping controllers.
I see that most have used the TFI but was wondering about the Corba product. They look like they have the same funtions but I was questioning the quality of both. Any help would be nice. Also,about the pipes,its looks like the 02/03 1500 HK pipes will work on the 04 1600 ..... right ????
I have the TFI on my bike and it is serving me well. I really don't think you need the TFI unless you change the intake though. You should be able to slap those pipes on and it should run and sound great, but you won't pick up much power if that is what you're after...When I installed the staggered straights on my 04 Meanie it ran great without the TFI. I didn't install the TFI until I installed the air intake.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info .... I was leaning towards the TFI all along but needed a little input. My plans are to do this in two stages. First the TFI and pipes,then the intake system. I have been reading various mods around getting more air to the starving Meanie and I have decided to go the "Caddmann" route. It's cheap,quick and doesn't remove many stock parts. I will order the pipes and TFI unit this week and post results and pics ASAP.
Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
Might as well wait on the TFI until you get the intake. You'll just have to map it again, and the change will not be nearly as dramatic with the stock airbox. Have no experience w/ it though so you might end up not needing a new airbox if you get the performance you're looking for with just the map.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well everybody says we don't "need" to re-map with just pipes........I've seen 3 Meanies so far (mine is one of them) that just changing pipes made them run lean on the rear cylinder and thus slightly blueing the new pipes..............food for thought! Plus with just the pipes it did backfire easy if I let off the throttle too quick. I now have a TFI and a thunder hurricane on it.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts