Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need to post a big “Thank You” to the members of this forum. I have been positively amazed by the encouragement, support, and help you offer each other through your posts. Reading many of the threads, that range from thoughts on safety to seat height or – heaven forbid – motor oil, your sense of humor and sense of community shine through.

A stellar example is the recent thread created by my wife, VulcanVixen. Here is a young lady that has stepped WAY out of her comfort zone to investigate and become engaged in a new hobby with her hubby. She had all of 30 seconds worth of experience sitting on a motorcycle once in high school prior to the recent MSF course. Now she is stretching her limits with owning a motorcycle and learning to ride. I know most of us can’t remember that phase of riding but I can report from watching her that it can be quite challenging and exciting at the same time. She sincerely loves this new found hobby, and this forum is a part of the hobby.

In her “Help me name my bike!!” post, she wanted to share her excitement with everyone and to be part of this community. None of you had to jump in and join that thread, it would have had no impact on your life, but you did jump in, being friendly and contributing names. None of you had to defend her choice to name her bike, after all it is “an inanimate object,” but you defended her choice – e-slapping naysayers. Your actions have helped fan the flames of VulcanVixen’s excitement, and speak volumes on the character of the membership in this forum.

Communities such as these add great value to the overall riding experience!

THANK YOU !

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
While your thanks is appreciated by me, it almost seems unfortunate that things like this arent expected as the norm in todays society. I am all of 24 years, so i can imagine how many people more "experienced" than I must feel.

anyway, your welcome.

But you dont need to say thank you for common courtesy :)

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I haven't been around much lately but I can agree on how good this place is with excellent people who help make all feel welcome. When I found this place doing a search some time ago I was amazed at how welcomed others made me feel. It's a great community and now I have many friends who I met here online and in person.

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
You are very gracious, and welcome. We here share your feelings, and excitement. I loved that feeling (and will never forget it) that I had when I was just learning to ride a few years ago, and love watching others who have that feeling.

It's wonderful when you can share in something like this with your wife, isn't it!!!

Oh, and I share the feelings express by c_law above. It's a sad day when you have to express thanks for other peoples' considerate behavior because you expected something less.

Your wife seems like a very sweet person... I'm glad for her, and for you. You're a lucky man.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
+1. I've only been around a couple of months but I have felt welcome from the very beginning.

I've been checking out other forums and there is just a different "feel" here than the typical forum. For example, there are not a ton of inappropriate avatars or obscene pictures in signature lines. Also, everybody is pretty considerate, even when disagreeing. I like the family friendly atmosphere.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Just glad you like it here, and hope you stay. This forum is one of the best I have ever found, and the more good people that sign up the better it will be. Thanks for the nice complement.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
It's nice to have another couple here. I'm glad you two are enjoying yourselves. The people here have become like family for many of us.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
You are both welcome, and are now part of our family, we stick together.

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
Don't worry about a thing. We carry some pretty big sticks to defend our own too... :wink: :biggrin:

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Yep, great people on this forum. Glad you two are having a blast on the bikes. Wish my wife would get the bug.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I belong to many forums, and this one s my FAV one.....good people, good ideas, and MOST of the time not too much fighting.

And I love the funny threads, like say the switching my tires to winter air thread, great material in there......thanks to all of you.8)

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Your right!

I think this forum is great myself. In the short time I have hung out here, I already feel like I'm a part of it. Folks here are very helpful, and are here for the same reason as we are. They enjoy riding. sharing information, and offering information. You can't go wrong lurking here :biggrin: Post away!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts