Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home, went out for a while, stopped at wal-mart on my way home, when I came out of walmart there were police cars surrounding a truck in the back of the truck was this nice looking 900 custom that looked a lot like mine. As I was walking to where my bike was parked I noticed my bike was not there anymore. I freaked out, went over to the cops and come to find out these guys in the truck were in the process of stealing my bike when security, who saw me pull up on my bike, saw them and called the police. Turns out just as they finished loading it in the truck the police pulled in and were able to stop them from leaving. Only damage was a crack to the reflector on the front fork which I am about to pull off anyways. So thank you mr. policeman and security lady for stopping me from losing my bike.

What's crazy is that I was only in the store for a couple minutes, went in to get some advil, so it happens that quick...scary

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
****! That is not good. Obviously, it's good you didn't lose your bike, but that they would just swoop in behind you and grab your bike like that....that's just messed up. Of course, you'll always have the cool story.

·
Rolling with the big dogs
1,019 Posts
Wow, you're lucky that didn't happen where I live. The police here are slow to respond to car and motorcycle theft calls. I'm glad your bike is ok!

·
1,019 Posts
Hey, in another thread (Buell folding) you said "buy what you like and ride it like you stole it." Maybe the thieves didn't see the first part of your sentence, they just saw ride it like you stole it.:biggrin: Sorry, couldn't resist:tongue:

·
No broken bones
1,096 Posts
Wow, you're lucky that didn't happen where I live. The police here are slow to respond to car and motorcycle theft calls. I'm glad your bike is ok!
The police may be slow to respond to what we call a "cold" theft call, but trust me, when we hear a 60 in progress we get amped up and get there as quickly as possible. We're not all lazy..

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
I just got home, went out for a while, stopped at wal-mart on my way home, when I came out of walmart there were police cars surrounding a truck in the back of the truck was this nice looking 900 custom that looked a lot like mine. As I was walking to where my bike was parked I noticed my bike was not there anymore. I freaked out, went over to the cops and come to find out these guys in the truck were in the process of stealing my bike when security, who saw me pull up on my bike, saw them and called the police. Turns out just as they finished loading it in the truck the police pulled in and were able to stop them from leaving. Only damage was a crack to the reflector on the front fork which I am about to pull off anyways. So thank you mr. policeman and security lady for stopping me from losing my bike.

What's crazy is that I was only in the store for a couple minutes, went in to get some advil, so it happens that quick...scary
That is really lucky that the security person was so on the ball and the police were quick to respond.

·
1,019 Posts
It wasn't until the 2nd post that the police were critisized, outstanding.
You know nothing of the area I live, police manning or priorities. What I stated wasn't criticism, it was fact. There are more pressing things than stolen vehicles. Speak what you know.

·
Gone Out For A Ride......
79 Posts
WOW!! you were lucky that security was on the ball, glad you got your bike back. Walllmart here let's mc's park up by the door where the staff has their breaks as better security and to reduce the hit & runs. As for cops I don't use them, whenever I've had a problem, I call the local drug dealer and get way quicker response! In one case I had a bike stolen and had it back in 2 days and the f**ker that stole it had repeated "accidents" for about a week complete with torching of all his possessions, while he watched..pay backs can be a B!tch!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
You know nothing of the area I live, police manning or priorities. What I stated wasn't criticism, it was fact. There are more pressing things than stolen vehicles. Speak what you know.
Police are criticized all the time....it comes with the job, I guess. Some deserve it some don't. I think to criticize the police in general is wrong. There are good officers and bad, just like us regular citizens. I give all cops the benefit of the doubt. I just wish they would do the same to me. The cops here spend their first 18 months at the county jail where everyone is a dirtbag, except other cops. They get out on the street and take that mentality with them. I guess my point is that, do not assume every comment about the police by us citizens is a form of bashing..........and yes, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away. That's not bashing, just reality

·
Too **** Hot!
774 Posts
There is a cantina here in calabasas that bikes are stolen pretty often. It takes about 3 minutes. it does not matter how you lock it up.
4 guys pull up in a truck they throw a pipe through the front and real wheel and pick it up and throw it the truck. in and out of the parking lot in three minutes. I think they must have a fifth guy that acts as a look out. A buddy was walking out and saw this happen they drove away before he was able to get back in the bar to tell some body.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Remember, the law changed in Texas. You can use deadly force to protect people or property. We have to get to these calls fast or the thieves may have gained a lot of weight due to the lead they will have absorbed. The paper work is a lot worse after the owner has pumped a couple of clips into each of the perps. ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.