Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I noticed those electronic freeway signs, the Amber Alert signs, were displaying a message; "SHARE THE ROAD. LOOK TWICE FOR MOTORCYCISTS"
Thanks to CAL-TRANS. It's about time!! In Europe they run TV ads to watch for bikes.

·
The little guy said it.
17,962 Posts
That's excellent to hear. It's great that they're raising awareness like that - I hope the idea spreads.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Last week I noticed those electronic freeway signs, the Amber Alert signs, were displaying a message; "SHARE THE ROAD. LOOK TWICE FOR MOTORCYCISTS"
Thanks to CAL-TRANS. It's about time!! In Europe they run TV ads to watch for bikes.
Some really make you think too.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Here in Missouri, I've seen signs on the sides of large trucks to be aware of motorcyclists. Maybe the word is slowly getting out about us.

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Here in Missouri, I've seen signs on the sides of large trucks to be aware of motorcyclists. Maybe the word is slowly getting out about us.
There's a couple signs on I-70 from Columbia to Kingdom City that occasionally display similar messages. It is definitely good to see someone raising awareness (or trying to).

·
Registered
699 Posts
yep, it was still up this morning. MUCH better than having them blank when there is no Amber alert.

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
saw them on the 5, some of the guys say its the same at the inland empire too.....so pretty cool

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
finally ARNOLD has helped the community...he of all people should know the dangers of riding a motorcycle..remember Terminator 1 and 2...

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
actually, it was ABATE that did all the lobbying for it here, another good reason for people to support them

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Same thing up here in Nor*Cal. They have those signs that say the very same thing on Hwy 4. Very cool. The lane splitters should be happy.

·
Politicians' Nightmare
1,871 Posts
Oregon has TV ads as well reminding cagers to watch for motorcycles. But in one of them the motorcycle's headlight is not on while the bike is on the road - a violation of Oregon law!

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
saw them on the 5, some of the guys say its the same at the inland empire too.....so pretty cool
Must be on the west side of WA as I've not seen such ads in eastern WA. They sure would help as the warmer weather really has brought the bikes out.

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
actually, it was ABATE that did all the lobbying for it here, another good reason for people to support them
Motorcycle Awareness is a big push for ABATE of Kansas. We have yard signs we sell that read:

"Look Twice - Save a Life
Motorcycles Are Everywhere!"

It's nice riding around town and seein' them :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts