Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is my wife cool or what?

I got a brand new grill for fathers day! This has only been topped by Christmas and having a gun under the tree!

Hope everyone had a great day

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Did you have to assemble the grill or was it all together when you got it?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Fathers Day

My biological son, now married and with his own children has broken loose from his mothers apron srtings after 24 years and has finally come to see and believe that dad has been telling him the truth for all these years. He called to wish me a Happy Fathers day, to tell me that he loves me...what more could a father ask for...wel I'll tell you. My step-sons 22 and 21 wished me a Happy Fathers Day as well. The eldest living in the basement going to college and the youngest about to graduate the Defence Language Institute in Monterey, CA, in FRENCH...They have never said that they loved me till now, 4 years after marrying their mother, that I have known for over 30 years. I just wnated to cry, I was in so much of an emotional state. With all the problem s going on in life, mine and Karens, little things like this are major marks in my life. My best buddies in life called and we chatted, wishing each other happy Father s Day... SO to ALL fathers, fathers-fathers and some fathers-fatheres-fathers...happy fathers day. AND to those of you that are not fathers yet, I hope that you feel the love and excitement in some way. It is unique, but it is a pure form of expression of words alone that mean something that you can only feel in your heart.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never really found a way to tell my dad I love him, but after many years, on his 50th birthday it came to me. You see, my dad was a person of few words. I never heard my mom or dad ever fight or yell at each other. My dad never hit me.(actually I take that back. He did twice, but I deserved it) Anyways, he was never the type that would hold me or show outward affection, but I knew he always loved me. He encouraged me in everything that I did and found a way to be at every single baseball, basketball and football game in High School. He even made every college game. As time went on, I realized the sacrifices he made for our family. How many dads do you know are blue collar and can make every game. It got more interesting when my brother played sports at the same time. My parents would split the games, but my dad always came. He was never the dad you were embarrassed about being in the stands...again he was a man of few words.

On his 50th, I wrote him a card and told him how much I loved him for all the sacrifices he made for our family and how he gave up playing in college because he had to earn a living for my brother and I. I used to hate that he could beat me in basketball all the way through high school - he was that good. I told him how I felt because I didn't want something to happen and for us to never have had the opportunity to really talk. In a private moment I told my dad I loved him and he started to tear!

It was a powerful moment, one that I hope my son can tell me some day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts