Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I cannot believe I'm actually posting this, but I have been working for three solid days into the wee hours working on this baby.... New helicoil installed, tore carbs apart and reinstalled, oil change, and now it is time to turn the key.
I'm terrified. I'm excited, and boy am I gonna be one ticked off biker momma if this girl doesn't run right.

Everyone cross your fingers please!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Well fire it up chromy! Lets hear it purr! good luck.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Luck........
No Ride........
No Patience tonight........

I'm so tired that I got her off the center stand, and put the kick stand down. Not far enough. Dropped her for the first time. :mad:

I need a beer, and 7 hours sleep, and I'll put new plugs in tomorrow.
She's a second from starting! I knew I should have picked up new plugs today!!! DUH!
But I don't even care right now. In fact, as tired as I am, I have no business on the road, so this is a good thing right? Right!

Thanks Woody and rwrighter!!!!!

Goodnight. ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Man....this is like a mystery movie where your sitting at the edge of your seat waiting for the scare of your life! :shock:

Any damage to the bike?

Poor girl...you've been toiling over that bike for days and are sooooo close now. Hopefully after a good nights sleep and new plugs....it'll fire right up for ya. Hang in there Chromequeen.....your really close now! :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Sorry to hear about the drop, hope nothing serious. Sounds like you're getting tested to the edge, sometimes better to just walk away. We'll be wating to hear the sound file of her purrying away and you out cruisung. The decent weather must have you going nuts but it'll wait for ya.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That sucks...if it is any consolation, I was trying to teach my wife to ride yesterday...she dropped my ride three times and only went about twenty five feet...fortunately no damage and no scratches anywhere...I still didn't fell very good about it...in honor of my marriage I better get a cheap bike for her to learn (crash) on or start looking forward to sleeping on the couch if she drops it again, because I know that I will say something to get me in trouble

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Flyinsouth,
Nothing serious at all, in fact, I didn't technically "drop" her, just half laid her down. But it was enough to really tick me off totally after all this. I've never dropped her while riding, so that was just the last straw of the day.... :)
But we'll see what happens, I'm going to get new NGK plugs now........

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Bad news on the spill, sometimes getting a good nights sleep and looking at things with a fresh mind is always best

·
Registered
694 Posts
tileandslate said:
That sucks...if it is any consolation, I was trying to teach my wife to ride yesterday...she dropped my ride three times and only went about twenty five feet...fortunately no damage and no scratches anywhere...I still didn't fell very good about it...in honor of my marriage I better get a cheap bike for her to learn (crash) on or start looking forward to sleeping on the couch if she drops it again, because I know that I will say something to get me in trouble
It is a special person who can let their wife drop their bike :) I ought to know, I dropped my husband's bike twice while he was teaching me some basics (bent the clutch lever slightly and put some scratches in the tank.) He still loves me, though (I'm so lucky!) I did get my own bike after taking the MSF course. Be patient, she'll get there :)

Happy and safe riding!

Angela

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey Chrome...it happens to the best of us. you'll get it going.

We dub thee with the force of the kawi-forum. may the force be with you.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
windrider18 said:
It is a special person who can let their wife drop their bike :) I ought to know, I dropped my husband's bike twice while he was teaching me some basics (bent the clutch lever slightly and put some scratches in the tank.) He still loves me, though (I'm so lucky!) I did get my own bike after taking the MSF course. Be patient, she'll get there :)

Happy and safe riding!

Angela

Hubby hasn't been eyeballing your bike has he? LOL :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hey there Chrome girl!(Opp's,called ya chromegirl again) Anyway,just wanna say I'm glad for you! I still admire you for that "go get it" type of girl that you are! You've got fire in your eyes,and the desire in your heart! Yes sir,i'm pulling for ya! Keep up the good work. Keep us posted on the progress and looking forward to hearing from ya!!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Don't let it worry you chromequeen, it'll fire up. It's a Kawasaki.....it wants to run as bad as you want it to!!! Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I almost wish you hadn't told us how close you were to getting it started. The suspense is killing me...

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay everyone,
I started out with some other thoughts, but decided to put them on the bottom, since what everyone wants to know is "Did she start?!" :shock: :roll:
The answer is unfortunately No...... But after a two hour nap, I feel so much better about the whole ordeal!
She is crankin' fine, just not fully turning over. But I've put my heart and soul into her for the last two weeks, and neglected my family in the process. So after I had a good cry and long nap, the garage is closed until further notice. I can't sink anymore money into her for a little bit, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. I know she has fresh clean carbs, new plugs, new oil filter and oil, clean air filter, the list goes on. I'm not sure what it can be now. In the back of my mind, I wonder is the helicoil maybe off just a fraction and would that be a contributing factor??? It went in fine, I vac'd the shavings out, and that part was nervewracking, but I felt successful afterward... because I looked in the hole many times, and it was very clean and no shavings when I finished. Put some loc-tight on the new threads when they went in, and let it cure for the full 24 hours too..... Anyway, I'll check back in here periodically and bounce ideas, but right now I just have to let her sit and focus on my family.

And Finally....
"THANK YOU" to each of you that has invested time, listening ears, and a handshake, and or pat on the back whenever it is needed. Freakinout got "all sentimental" the other day about the forum and how awesome we all are, and we all said "thanks", and kept on with life. What he said though, is so true. We have the best group of people here ever! I've found many great friends on here and appreciate you all.

Ride on~!!! I'll definately catch up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :-D

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

it is a good bunch over here-they just want to see you riding!
keep plugin' at her,you'll get it :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
Chromequeen, a little break away from the task and getting focused on something else for awhile is probably all it will take to get it running. When you get back to it you will be fresh and see things clearly. Good luck and congratulations on remembering priorities, like family first!

·
Registered
439 Posts
:D You HAVE to be close, anyway!! Don't give up. Glad you are okay after the drop. We should start a fund to help you get her running. You're an inspiration, and we love you -hug- :D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts