Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
I'm in desperate need of some help I have been working on my late fathers Kawasaki gpx400r and it's nearly finished whoop whoop! It's no where a show room bike but a really clean rider, I'm not sure wether I'm going move it on to someone who will ride it and appreciate it for years to come or keep it 🤷‍♂️ I can not find another anywhere to compare it to?? Does rare mean no one likes them?? Or does rare mean sort after?? So what I'm asking I suppose is what would it be worth 🤷‍♂️, if it's not worth alot I will keep it and potter about on it, if it is I may move it on and fund another project who knows

·
Registered
286 Posts
It’s the Japan only (or mainly) 400 version of the GPX600R

It’s rare because not many made it out of Japan. my advice would be to keep it as even the 600 wasn't a popular bike but i can imagine you'll have a lot of fun on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As the previous writer says, it's a Japan only model (popular there because <400cc bikes had a tax advantage).
It was either imported directly, or was a 'grey' import i.e. some dealers saw a market for them.
I think you have a little gem there and well worth keeping if you can.
In terms of value, I think £1500 to £2000 but it is outside of the mainstream of Kawasaki motorcycles, certainly in the UK and I could be wide of the mark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts