Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Need some help as I am more a fabricator/tinker guy. This stupid Bully FI controller is driving me nutz! Do I really need to remove the tank or is that a preffered method by the GMan guy's?

If so fine but I dont really want to empty the tank and go through it if I dont have to!

Anyone out there install this or another controller that would need to connect to the same grouping of wires?

Thanks!

BDV

·
Registered
185 Posts
You dont have to remove the tank, just loosen it and raise it up a few inches. You can connect the wires and then let the tank back down. It took me about 30 min. to put mine on.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
But for that matter, it doesn't take that long to remove the tank and it puts everything out there. I installed a Cobra with the raise the tank method, then found out how easy it was to remove the tank and now whenever I need to get in to the top of the engine, off comes the tank. Full? It only holds a bit over 5 gallons, I've got fuel jugs that big out in the shed. Heck, go for a good ride and it will be half full before you know it.

But, you can sneak it around the raised tank if you want. I have my Bully mounted on the handlebars, it's nice to be able to adjust fuel if you want to and monitor what you're doing with the throttle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts