Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Back In Saddle
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
It's a sad day. Just shoveled the drive way. Being able to ride right up to yesterday evening in November in Alberta, Canada is still a good stretch.
1.At least a guys got a forum to listen to riders who get to giver all year long.(lucky dogs)
2.Have the net so I get shop for new gear for next year.
3.I have a HUGE snowblower. Kinda sounds like a bike lol.

Over and out.

Rossco

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
sorry to hear that.

two words should help: move south.

·
VN900
208 Posts
Good attitude & a good plan! But the internet can be very dangerous on snowy or rainy days, I am speaking from experience. So I guess you'll be riding again in what...May?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I feel your pain. I don't know what is worse.........not being able to ride because of snow or having a broken bike on a sunny day..........I assume the latter.

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
I feel for you Rossco, and it won't be long before us easterners will be getting that white crap as well. With that said, it's still nice here, and I'm heading out for a ride with a few buddies in about an hour. (11:00 a.m. our time)
It's sunny and dry here with no wind, with a predicted high of 9c (48F), so dressed warmly, it should make for a great ride. I will most likely be putting my bike away for the ole man winter next week, but.....ya never know, I might be able to take the bike out again before Christmas. ;)
Enjoy your snow blower ride lol. (kidding):p :biggrin: :tongue:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Rossco, I know it sucked to get up this morning and see the white stuff on the ground, but keep in mind, there isn't THAT much of it. A day or two of decent weather, and we could be riding again!!!

Oh, and when the snow really starts to build up, you can swing by my place and show off that snowblower:tongue:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Look on the bright side mate,at least when it snows you KNOW its finished with riding.
Over here it can be raining for weeks, then you get ONE dry day and it starts all over again.......

THATS a pain, I'd sooner have it your way to be honest, at least I know, I've got to get the bike stalled, fix any repairs and order some new stuff fo the following year.

·
Rolling with the big dogs
1,019 Posts
hmm, it's 18 degrees here in Georgia today. That's 18C or 64F and i'm sitting here at work. It just ain't fair.

·
guitar junkie
1,487 Posts
I've had mine put away for the past 2 weeks,and i'm handling it quite well.
Now ,if i can only get rid of this nervous twitch, constant crying and swearing like mad man ,I think I'll be alright till the next ride season.:confused:

·
Estancia Meritage
1,523 Posts
Been riding alot here in western PA this month. However, supposed to see some white junk thanxgiving day and black friday.
Riding sunday which could be my last day before the winter hibernation. Of course if I get a half decent day with no salt dust on the roads, I'll take the "Ghost" out for a spin.
Hehe...for most of the year, had no job and all kinds of time to ride. Which I did and got alot of rc flying and golfing in. Now, I have two jobs and no time.
I gotta get the wife to find a part time job in the evening so I can quit these jobs and have money to fund all my hobbies and sports. This working crap don't get it!!!

Lucky...

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Look on the bright side mate,at least when it snows you KNOW its finished with riding.
Over here it can be raining for weeks, then you get ONE dry day and it starts all over again.......

THATS a pain, I'd sooner have it your way to be honest, at least I know, I've got to get the bike stalled, fix any repairs and order some new stuff fo the following year.
You're right about that! I hate that, "Gee, is it warm enough today? Will there be ice in the shady places if we do decide to go ride?" feeling. We put the bikes away last year, so we didn't have to go through that. But this year, the "experts" are predicting a mild winter. We're not putting them away this year in hopes of a few ride-able days.

I did a lot of reading about riding last winter. RoadRunner, Rider, Motorcycle Consumer News, and AMA magazines, David Hough's books, anything like that.

·
Back In Saddle
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rossco, I know it sucked to get up this morning and see the white stuff on the ground, but keep in mind, there isn't THAT much of it. A day or two of decent weather, and we could be riding again!!!

Oh, and when the snow really starts to build up, you can swing by my place and show off that snowblower:tongue:
I don't think it will get nice enough for a safe ride. Black ice is always a possibility now unfortunatley:cry:
She's covered,tanks full with a little Stab,bags on pipes, battery tender ready.
When did we get to roll again last year Steel monkey...May?
As for the rest of the sympathetic comments (good communitity)
New gear for next year at my finger tips:
1. Scala dual comm system... MP3 capability :)
2. Xelement jacket (rain proof,armoured etc), new leather jacket (naked leather cow hide with removable armour etc...really nice), some new leather chaps,... all from Leatherup. Prices there are amazing...(almost free lol).
3. Possibly new rubber... I have a season left on existing but still not much more.

Move South... Good idea. Folks have a place in Yuma Arizona. maybe when I retire if I ever can....

Having good running bike and not being able to ride (snow) I think is worse than broken bike and nice weather. Ya can fix the bike. Need some of those Chinese weather rockets...:smile:

Rossco

·
Registered
159 Posts
45 min from Toronto and I rode to work today, Nov 22. A new late record for me. Of course it was 6 c at 3pm. Now I'm worried what I will be dealing with when I head home at 1am.:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts