Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ridden and driven some pretty amazing orads in my life so far. Crossed the Rockies on various routes, ridden Beartooth Pass and The going To the Sun Road, spent countless hours driving thru the Kootenays, and have driven some fantastic roads in Northern Italy..................but this has got to go on my short list.

The Stelvio Pass in Italy.
Stelvio Pass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So Stefano, tell me you've ridden this road?

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
looks kinda boring to me

:biggrin:

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Oh, Carlo, looking at that makes my heart stop. Then it makes me envious of those who can ride it!

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
And the best pizza, ice cream, and cappucino in the world............it's known not as "heaven", but as Italy.........;)
what about cheese, do they say anthing in the brochure about cheese?

·
Registered
619 Posts
How does this look?

The Ledo road built by Americans in Assam(India) to connect India and Burma during the WW2. It is being renovated into a 4 lane highway by the Indian government to counter Chinese influence in Burma :wink:

·
Warning V2k Onboard
1,585 Posts
My job has taken me all over Europe for the past 15 years, it's been lonely sometimes, it's been hard work, I met my wife etc etc

best of all I have gotten to ride on a hell of a lot of these fantastic roads.

Whoops, I mean, best of all I got to meet my wife......honestly darling, it was just a slip of the keyboard

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They do that in Colorado. Drives Mayo nuts!
Tell me about it. The largest IronMan triathalon in the world is held in my hometown every year. We always get the h3ll out of dodge for that day. it's just insane. Not to mention the fact they spend a month here training prior to the race riding 4 abreast along any road they wish.

·
Registered
57 Posts
that make angles crest look like chids play. i cant tell you what i would give up to be able to live by that road for a year and take my current ride.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
It looks like you'd need an oxygen bottle to ride some of those passes. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts