Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a minior collison the other day. Not bad, but a few minor marks. My greatest concern is the alignment. It is a little out of wack, not bad but noticable. My question is has anyone had one done, and how much does a tire alignments avg?

:( :(

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
what kinda problems ???? :?:
how do you know anything is screwed up ????? :?:
need more info about wreck/mishap :?:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More INFO

The wreck was minor under 15mph the bike has very minior damage, not even noticable. Everything appears not to be bent and in perfect condition, so in conviened its just the alignment and wanted information on how to fix that, if it is just the alignment. It is drivable but it tends to pull not a lot but enough for you to want to get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If it were me, I would take it to a dealer to get checked out. Having said that my concerns would be a bent fork, frame or tire that got flat spotted.

You can check your rear wheel by lining up the chain.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

Thanks for the advise, I think I'm going to take my bike to my dealer very slowly and carefully. Hopefully the expenes are not to much.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Dealer

Telling them what to look for is a good thing...I once had the same occur and had the forks tweaked...loosened them, then retorqued them...it fixed the problem...that's all it was...fortunately...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If your bike is wobbly - don't ride it - get a friend and put it in the back of a truck.... or even rent one. Cheaper than crashing it again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the result

i took it to the dealer i bought it from, the alignment wasnt that bad at all, so i took the backroads and drove carefully, it was just the alignment, thank god, glad to have it back thanx for the advice

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Alignment

Save your receipt...in your wallet ... then go out and ride the bike progressively harder to see if in fact it corrected the entire problem. any sign of left or right hand turns not being equal then I'd recommend hta tyou take it back and ask them to further investigate the problem. They may want to do things like change your fork oil and put new fork seals in...but they will also inspect the fork springs, tubes and everything while they have it apart. It may be a little costly, but it would still be cheaper than just a quick in and out at the emergency room...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Working Great

I learned a lot from this first crash. I'm a lot more careful, people thinking I'm crazy cause I'm only 16 driving this bike. I think if your safe and you keep thinking about the next day, you will be ok. The bike works great, I'll save the receipt, i have been constrating closly on the turns and it feels fine. Thanks for help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts