Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode the 800 in to work this morning in 50 degree temps. By noon it was 75, with plenty of sunshine. Some of the employees ask me where I wanted to go eat lunch. I said, no thanks, I'll just grab a can of viennas out of my desk drawer, wolf em down, and then go for a ride. They said, man you mean you are going to pass up a nice lunch just for a 45 minute ride. They just don't get it. :smile:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Go figure. Some people arent able to understand the finer things in life. Live to Ride, Ride to Live.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There loss, not yours....viennas??? you gotta love biking!
Ride on!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Are you their boss? Can you fire them? LOL. I take every single chance I get to go for a ride. I'll take several trips to the store...on purpose...just to ride some more. What's that old expression? If ya gotta ask why, you probably won't understand the answer...something like that...

Ya...I get it...

Cheers,
John

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
And some of those people probably don't see us when we are out riding our bikes....ride defensively. :)

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
With the weather a brisk 28 right now and not much warmer than 33 during the day....I'd take a ride too!

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
took my wife a little while to understand why i take the bike to any family function we go to, while she takes the cage with the kids. i still don't think she fully understands, i think she just thinks i have a problem ! whatever !

·
Registered
806 Posts
After I explained to my wife that by riding just about everyday and everywhere I was less likely to tear my bike down and spend some really serious cash on upgrades the understanding level skyrocketed... :grin:

For everyone else, life is about living with your choices. Let them dream while you live, besides I'm sure vienna's are atkins friendly! 2 wheels isn't about buying a WCC t-shirt at Wallyworld, getting a tattoo and watching the Discovery Channel but it's all those who don't get it have.....

·
32,545 Posts
flynsouth said:
2 wheels isn't about buying a WCC t-shirt at Wallyworld, getting a tattoo and watching the Discovery Channel but it's all those who don't get it have.....
well put

·
Registered
308 Posts
My fiance asks me how I can ride for hours all by myself. I tell her it is hard to explain, but there is nothing better than just riding, all alone going wherever I decide to go. It really is hard to explain. Nothing like it in the world.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some people just don't get it. Even if they like to travel, they like to do it in the confort of a car, with music and warm air blowing on their feet.

Well, it is not about been relaxed and comfortable, it is about not just watching that sight pass by like on a tv screen!
When I ride I feel I really am travelling... Yes, it is difficult to explain. I did find a very good explanation on the book "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" of Robert M. Pirsig, reccomended to everyone! :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ride Or Eat???

So they go to McDanalds and raise they're colesteral level by about 10, end up failing they're stress test and not being able to eat lunch anymore. Then they'll want you to take them for a ride at lunch time. TELL THEM ""GET YOUR OWN BOX"

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
ispeed77 said:
took my wife a little while to understand why i take the bike to any family function we go to, while she takes the cage with the kids. i still don't think she fully understands, i think she just thinks i have a problem ! whatever !

LOL....This sounds very familiar. :)

Actually....I have a very understanding wife as she encourages me to ride if I want to (oh please honey make me go with you in the car) so I will ride the bike and meet her at the store...the mall...or wherever. I ask her if she wants to go along and usually she say's no....you go ahead and I'll meet you there....usually she's following behind me. When I go for rides in the summer she'll go along if she's in the mood...like this past summer we took off for Labor Day and rode 250 miles round trip after staying on the river in Idaho. No kids to tag along as they are all grown and gone. :)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
That's why they don't own motorcycles.

·
32,545 Posts
whistle clean said:
LOL....This sounds very familiar. :)

Actually....I have a very understanding wife as she encourages me to ride if I want to (oh please honey make me go with you in the car) so I will ride the bike and meet her at the store...the mall...or wherever. I ask her if she wants to go along and usually she say's no....you go ahead and I'll meet you there....usually she's following behind me. When I go for rides in the summer she'll go along if she's in the mood...like this past summer we took off for Labor Day and rode 250 miles round trip after staying on the river in Idaho. No kids to tag along as they are all grown and gone. :)
yeah, the kids are what keeps her off the bike right now. most rides i go on by myself, as she is working. we work opposite shifts right now until both kids are in school full day. i think she usually gets on the bike 3 or 4 times a year, and those are usually trips to Outback Steakhouse and then a movie !

·
Registered
439 Posts
All I will add is ......... Amen, Brothers/Sisters

·
Registered
439 Posts
p.s. .......... Spok, now I know why you're sick lol ..... but I don't blame ya

·
Registered
392 Posts
Tell em to rent a bike for the weekend, or take them for a short trip on the back of yours...... I guarantee they'll see things differently.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Not as crazy as I thought!

Okay guys, now I'm feeling a little better after hearing all of you. When my husband was mentioning something that the kids wanted to go to this summer I said, "Well, if you want to do that it's fine, but when that day arrives, I'll be right behind you on Sassy". Someone nearby looked at me like I was nutz and said "And why would you want to do that?!" I remember asking myself, "do other people get this obsessed about riding?" Guess ya all answered that question! Best part is, I didn't have to ask! :wink: :grin:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts