Insect Impact Analyst
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda like this one a little bit better than the old sign:

·
Insect Impact Analyst
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trust me, this is a phenomenal riding road. It winds along the Lochsa river in northern Idaho. Nothing but the river, tall mountains and trees on either side. And there is barely a straight section in those 99 miles! If you haven't ridden highway 12 over Lolo Pass, I would definitely put it on the to-do list!

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Trust me, this is a phenomenal riding road. It winds along the Lochsa river in northern Idaho. Nothing but the river, tall mountains and trees on either side. And there is barely a straight section in those 99 miles! If you haven't ridden highway 12 over Lolo Pass, I would definitely put it on the to-do list!
Its on the "before I die list" along with many many many other things seem like a great place to visit and have a great time!

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Steve the bike is looking good.....are you pretty comfortable with it now?

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
It is an absolutely brilliant piece of backroad highway. It's like the hand of Michaelangelo himself came out of the sky, dipped his brush in tarmac, and painted this stretch of wonder across the contours of the countryside. Thier is not a straight stretch to be found, the traffic is minimal, and the sights and scenery are a worthy counterpart to the road itself.

·
Insect Impact Analyst
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is an absolutely brilliant piece of backroad highway. It's like the hand of Michaelangelo himself came out of the sky, dipped his brush in tarmac, and painted this stretch of wonder across the contours of the countryside. Thier is not a straight stretch to be found, the traffic is minimal, and the sights and scenery are a worthy counterpart to the road itself.
Yeah, what he said! :biggrin:

·
Insect Impact Analyst
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steve the bike is looking good.....are you pretty comfortable with it now?
It's going pretty good now. It took me a little bit of getting used to, this being my first cruiser and all. I have some new handlebars coming. Hopefully they will be here this week sometime.

How's the T-bird treating you Roger? You getting some miles on it yet?

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I've had the pleasure of riding Lolo Pass several times. It is a fantastic route to take and should be on the must ride list any of us keep

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,317 Posts
Pretty sure I'd still be commuting back and forth to school/work if my 100 miles were like that!

Stupid straight Missouri roads :toetap:

·
Insect Impact Analyst
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just make sure you have plenty of gas. The very next sign says "No Services 99 miles". :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts