Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 KX250 with a big bore kit. I was thinking of switching to Synthetic racing oil. I Currently use Kawasaki 2 cycle racing oil @ 32:1. Would there be any benefit to switching to synthetic oil? If I do switch should I run a leaner ratio? I would like answers with facts and benefits not just personal preference. Thx

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have a 1999 KX250 with a big bore kit. I was thinking of switching to Synthetic racing oil. I Currently use Kawasaki 2 cycle racing oil @ 32:1. Would there be any benefit to switching to synthetic oil? If I do switch should I run a leaner ratio? I would like answers with facts and benefits not just personal preference. Thx

Full synthetic is most benificial in keeping your exhaust power valves clean, and operating smoothly. You also obviously get an elevated level of overall engine protection. I personally prefer Klotz R50, been using it for 16 years, never lost and engine...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So less carbon buildup in the power valves? When I got the bike the top end was shot. The carbon buildup was so bad the powers valves wouldn't open or close all the way. Took over 2 hours to remove the carbon. The piston was hitting the main exhaust port thank go it didn't ruin the cylinder.

·
Registered
407 Posts
So less carbon buildup in the power valves? When I got the bike the top end was shot. The carbon buildup was so bad the powers valves wouldn't open or close all the way. Took over 2 hours to remove the carbon. The piston was hitting the main exhaust port thank go it didn't ruin the cylinder.
Yup, I see this a lot. Excessive carbon and oil spooge is from mixing ratio too rich (32:1), overly rich factory jetting, and the engine never being held WFO so as to let the residual oil "burn out". Unless you are an expert level racing every weekend, lean out your pilot and main jet at least one size, mix a good quality full syn oil at 42:1, and keep your air filter clean. Your engine will run perfect.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be getting an aftermarket exhaust and silencer here soon, Should I go 1 jet leaner then what the exhaust manufacture suggest? I will be getting the procircuit platinum exhaust and 304 silencer (not the shorty).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.