Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
wow its bueatiful, cant believe you just posted this ! i was looking at getting a honda vtx 1300 s or a meanstreak, whats your exsperience of the honda , power cruisng speed , fuel etc , your advice would be appreciated metric !

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fishbreath its a 2008.
Rokket. Honda has been my brand starting in 1969. 2003 VTX 1300S. Great bike But! Its hard on tires, wear one side and I have alway used 2 back tires to one front, not on the VTX. VTX has a shake problem in the stearing, usually just under the 45 mph mark. Some stealers say there is not problem. Trust me you do not want to have your hands off the bars when it starts. It corners like a stretch lemo. Its needs FI instead of carbs. Very cold natured. The engine is one of the loudest, ticking, knocking. And if you cant do the valve adjustment yourself, and I know how to turn a wrench, the stealers clean out your wallet to do it for you. No matter the windshield combo the wind buffet will shake you eyeballs out of your head. Jump on the VTXOA board and you can find some of the issues. Its one good looking Retro cruiser. Just wanted away from those problems. Waiting to see what the Nomad has, so far its like going from a Ford to a Lexus. I really dont mean to beat the Honda up, but this Nomad is fantastic. I even won best Nonamerican bike with the Honda at a local bike nite. It just had a few things I did not like.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I didn't know the blue for the 08s look so **** good. yours is the 1st. one I've seen that really shows the color. I have been looking at nomads and now I know which one I want. Is that the same color as the 04s? Thanks , and you have a great looking bike.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Nice!

You gotta be lovin' that! That bike is awesome looking....enjoy

·
Registered
265 Posts
Fishbreath its a 2008.
Rokket. Honda has been my brand starting in 1969. 2003 VTX 1300S. Great bike But! Its hard on tires, wear one side and I have alway used 2 back tires to one front, not on the VTX. VTX has a shake problem in the stearing, usually just under the 45 mph mark. Some stealers say there is not problem. Trust me you do not want to have your hands off the bars when it starts. It corners like a stretch lemo. Its needs FI instead of carbs. Very cold natured. The engine is one of the loudest, ticking, knocking. And if you cant do the valve adjustment yourself, and I know how to turn a wrench, the stealers clean out your wallet to do it for you. No matter the windshield combo the wind buffet will shake you eyeballs out of your head. Jump on the VTXOA board and you can find some of the issues. Its one good looking Retro cruiser. Just wanted away from those problems. Waiting to see what the Nomad has, so far its like going from a Ford to a Lexus. I really dont mean to beat the Honda up, but this Nomad is fantastic. I even won best Nonamerican bike with the Honda at a local bike nite. It just had a few things I did not like.
hey metric thanks for that , ive been lookin on forums and reviews and they all rate it , i do like the looks of the bike , but having your opinion as a owner rider has helped a lot , ill go for the meanstreak so many people rate it as almost first class all rounder , ill let you no , cheers .dave

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Couple of pix of my old VTX, its a great bike, I did not even concider a new one, had to see if I could get away from the issues I didnt like and the Nomad is, at this time, knocking it out of the park. I love this machine. The Nomad is a little tickie and clicky but at least I know that those engine sounds are supposed to be there and I will break it in by the book. I have had a couple of techs at Honda shops listen to the X and say, "yeah thats about right". I have a problem with "about".
It looks to me that you guys spend more time in the saddle and less time on here beatin the HD's too. Sick to death hearing about a **** harley. Test road on this spring, hated it! Now move on, I did. LOL

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
OOoOOOooooOOOOOOOOOHHHHHhhhhhHHHHHHhhhHHHWWWEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! So pretty it hurts.
My dealer had one in this color about a week ago. It sold in about 3 days. Love the colors. Congrats on the new ride. Let us know how you like it when you get some miles on.

·
Registered
265 Posts

Couple of pix of my old VTX, its a great bike, I did not even concider a new one, had to see if I could get away from the issues I didnt like and the Nomad is, at this time, knocking it out of the park. I love this machine. The Nomad is a little tickie and clicky but at least I know that those engine sounds are supposed to be there and I will break it in by the book. I have had a couple of techs at Honda shops listen to the X and say, "yeah thats about right". I have a problem with "about".
It looks to me that you guys spend more time in the saddle and less time on here beatin the HD's too. Sick to death hearing about a **** harley. Test road on this spring, hated it! Now move on, I did. LOL
what bueatiful looking bike metric shame about the issues, you would think honda would have sorted those things out , they do build quality machines though but obviously the ride and handling are more important !

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
I think I mentioned on another thread that you have the best color, huh? :lol:

Nice move for you, Congrats!!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Great choice! I saw that at the IMS show lasts week in Long Beach, great color. I was tempted to get one, but I ended up with a '07Star Strat.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had a Star a couple of years ago, didnt like the stealer getting into my pocket every check up. The model I had you had to drop the front exhaust pipe to do an oil change. Only two head bolts, but one nut was a two hour battle to get it back on every time. I could have installed a filter relocator kit for a couple of hundred bucks. This new bike is out doing EVERYTHING the last two bikes I had wouldnt do. Smilin like a fool.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
It is very hard to beat the Nomad. Very sharp......but heck, your garage is cleaner than my house. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts