Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Id still like to find a kt 250, 350 bighorn, but these barn bikes are harder to find, I run adds in local shopper most of these bikes ive paid from 35 bucks for, the best find ive got was 5 bikes and a truck load of parts for 225. bucks. I try to sell them off to fund my addiction.

heres one done, and two im workin on , and the future projects,

cb 400t (400A motor is just for mach up) paid 35.for it stock and crashed.

started as a 200dollar barn bike with 8k miles.

so far.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think a lot of times members especially ones 50ish my age have a lot of trouble with pic posting, hosting pics ect.when i started forums couple yrs back I was purty confused, hell when i was in school pocket calculators were new! if it wasnt for kids and grandkids showing me id be lost.

·
KZ geezer
718 Posts
My 1981 KZ CSR1000-M1. With only 25,000 miles on it, the bike runs like new. The only work I have done on it is balance the carbs, install an o-ring chain, replace the tach seal, replace a butchered exhaust holder, and add a small windshield.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
66 Posts
not a bad price either, wonder what itll do in the final hours, my prob is it would break my dont spend over 200 bucks rule. (which purty much narrows down the search). Ive noticed the 70's enduros and trials bikes are gaining value over that last few years. guess us old farts want em again.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Sorry Tina, but I seem to be all out of old Kawasakis at the moment. Although I am looking at a KZ550 locally, the garage seems pretty empty right now.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't have any new pics to post because my winter projects list got put on hold. My older brother, who is retired, bought a house that needs a lot of work to get it to where he wants it. I've committed to helping him and it's going to consume a lot of my winter project time. Heck, it takes me 4.5 hours just to drive there. I had hoped to have the frame to the powder coat stage already but haven't done the first thing yet. I had planed on getting the frame coated, new bars, a ring job, and some extensive aluminum polishing this winter but I'm not sure how much of that will get done now. Oh well, it's family, and some things just have to be done.

·
Registered
792 Posts
My Winter projects include; rebuilding Koni shocks, adding custom made stock length braced swingarm, ZRX600 tail light with integrated signals, possable faux solo seat, oil pan to be removed along with oil cooler (drain bolt stripped 2 years ago) and another put on, and another attempt at converting to a Kawi electronic Ign.
Also have a chrome valve cover, clutch cover and sproket cover I should put on .
The swingarm probibly won't be ready until March, so updates on that will have to wait.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My Winter projects include; rebuilding Koni shocks, adding custom made stock length braced swingarm, ZRX600 tail light with integrated signals, possable faux solo seat, oil pan to be removed along with oil cooler (drain bolt stripped 2 years ago) and another put on, and another attempt at converting to a Kawi electronic Ign.
Also have a chrome valve cover, clutch cover and sproket cover I should put on .
The swingarm probibly won't be ready until March, so updates on that will have to wait.

that bike is cool as heck! diggin that fairing. dunstall?

·
Registered
71 Posts
My 77 KZ 650 B1 - first pic is the day I brought it home.

Second pic is pretty much how it looks now. As you can see it´s far from stock, mods include:

- Powdercoated frame
- Tapered steering stem bearings
- Tommaselli Clubman bars mounted upside down Euro style
- Tarozzi bar weights
- Polished top yoke and switchgears
- Chrome gauge covers
- Wirth progressive front springs
- Front wheel off a 650 C
- Z1R rotors and calipers
- Stainless brake lines all around
- Dyna S ignition
- Dyna coils and wires
- Ignition relay mod
- H4 headlight conversion
- Blade type fuse box
- Henry Abe air filter
- Harris 4 in 1, sandblasted and painted black
- Kawasaki sports seat
- Homemade rear fender eliminator w/Brand X taillight
- Brand X mini blinkers
- Zephyr 750 swingarm
- GPz 900R rear wheel, brake and mc
- One off swingarm pivot bolt and rear axle
- Krüger & Junginger offset front sprocket
- KZ1000J sprocket hub
- KZ 750 Twin 38T rear sprocket
- Hagon rear shocks

Exept for the powdercoating, milling the head and fabbing the rear axle/pivot bolt all work is done by yours truly.

This winter it´ll get a freshly rebuilt engine, the last pic is just the empty shells stuck together, assembly is commencing as we speak.

The bike in the back of the second pic is my 82 GPz1100 bastich, more about that one later.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts