Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received the Mustang T-Bib.... it has the advertised "felt" backing but I'm concerned about the edge braiding which will be bare against the paint. Any "heads up" I need before installing on my V-900 to limit any collateral damage?

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Glad you posted this. Does your bib fit all the way under the speedo chrome, or does it come out somewhere around mid-speedo?

Sorry, don't have one yet, but I would suspect some wear from the leather.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I tool mine off because the edges were starting to abrade the paint. The way it fit's under the spedo housing is also kinda weird.

K

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you posted this. Does your bib fit all the way under the speedo chrome, or does it come out somewhere around mid-speedo?

Sorry, don't have one yet, but I would suspect some wear from the leather.
It fits all the way under and around..... I suppose if I slap alot of "polish for the showroom shine" in that area it might help a little along the way. I'm thinkin anything like this is gonna do something just like those car bras do over time.

Attachments

·
18,096 Posts
I took one off my bike that someone else had put on it. IT kinda curled on hte edges to keep the braided off the paint. Maybe coincidence. I would be concerned about paint rubbage. Doesn't take much to leave an ugly blemissh

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another option to completely avoid damage from the bib would be to lay down some of that removable "clear-bra" paint protection film underneath it. This stuff: paint protection film
OMG... U are absolutely right G-Dragon... why didn't I think of this! Thanx for the Heads Up.:wink: Thanx 4 the link

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took one off my bike that someone else had put on it. IT kinda curled on hte edges to keep the braided off the paint. Maybe coincidence. I would be concerned about paint rubbage. Doesn't take much to leave an ugly blemissh
True.. especially if the bike is black. Take's no time at all to see the swirls in the black paint no matter how careful one is. Mine's the pearl white/titanium accent stripe... less noticeable but still an issue.

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
OMG... U are absolutely right G-Dragon... why didn't I think of this! Thanx for the Heads Up.:wink: Thanx 4 the link
No prob. I used to have a car that had a leather bra on it, and after a few years of use it totally marred up the paint underneath. After that I knew that if I ever put a tankbib on the bike i would use that clear film to prevent that same ugly side effect from possibly happening to my nice shiny tank.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OOOOOOOO Shiny! Very nice. Like the studs
Yesssss Buschboy... that was taken 2 weekends ago in 60 degree Dallas weather... didn't notice how much the sun played off most of the chrome parts until I d/loaded the pics.... strikingly shiny :biggrin: This w/end will be adding more to it.... slowly but surely enjoying the moding!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.