Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the support and advice some of you all gave me in regards to the problem i was having back in July... This post/update is long overdue, but i'm happy to report that Kawasaki made good on the bike. For those of you who don't know I was having problems with my sub actuator on my 06 zx6r. I got it into the shop immediately with one day/50 miles to spare on my warrentee literally. The dealer took my word for what was going on with the bike, called the kawi factory and they told him to replace the whole throttle body actuator and all. All together it would have cost me nearly $2000, but it was all fixed free of charge. I now have 13,600 miles on my bike that i've put on my self. And she has never ran so good. Thanks again for your input and advice.

Now i'm ****ed b/c i just got a call from some rookie, selling the same bike/different color with a yoshi, 3,xxx miles for 4500!:mad: It's really hard for me not to buy it, but i have have to put my needs first...lol...although a bike is a need, i don't need this one or do i??? lol....

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Thanks for the support and advice some of you all gave me in regards to the problem i was having back in July... This post/update is long overdue, but i'm happy to report that Kawasaki made good on the bike. For those of you who don't know I was having problems with my sub actuator on my 06 zx6r. I got it into the shop immediately with one day/50 miles to spare on my warrentee literally. The dealer took my word for what was going on with the bike, called the kawi factory and they told him to replace the whole throttle body actuator and all. All together it would have cost me nearly $2000, but it was all fixed free of charge. I now have 13,600 miles on my bike that i've put on my self. And she has never ran so good. Thanks again for your input and advice.

Now i'm ****ed b/c i just got a call from some rookie, selling the same bike/different color with a yoshi, 3,xxx miles for 4500!:mad: It's really hard for me not to buy it, but i have have to put my needs first...lol...although a bike is a need, i don't need this one or do i??? lol....
Great to hear you got it sorted out, I don't know if you remember but I had exactly the same problem on mine. I was comfortably in my warranty (happened not even a month after I bought the bike brand new)... Kawasaki DID take 5 weeks to ship the parts over from Japan... but the bike was good as new and I haven't had a problem with it since. Glad it went the same way for you and hope you didn't have to wait as long as I did...

As for buying another one... HELL NO!!! Why on earth would you want to do that? For (almost) a tenth of the price you can just buy your own can... sounds like a waste to me.

Unless of course you have money to burn and are looking for a track bike... but in that case I would track your current 636 and go for a litre-bike for the street :biggrin:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great to hear you got it sorted out, I don't know if you remember but I had exactly the same problem on mine. I was comfortably in my warranty (happened not even a month after I bought the bike brand new)... Kawasaki DID take 5 weeks to ship the parts over from Japan... but the bike was good as new and I haven't had a problem with it since. Glad it went the same way for you and hope you didn't have to wait as long as I did...

As for buying another one... HELL NO!!! Why on earth would you want to do that? For (almost) a tenth of the price you can just buy your own can... sounds like a waste to me.

Unless of course you have money to burn and are looking for a track bike... but in that case I would track your current 636 and go for a litre-bike for the street :biggrin:
My last litre bike got me in trouble...Too wheelie friendly, too hard to keep the front wheel on the ground...;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts