Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Throttle hesitation

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ZX-2R 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, I just put a new exhaust on today and re-jetted the carbs. As I was driving home everything was fine on the highway, but when I got off I was cruising along in 2nd gear (at about 5k rpms), I decided to open up the throttle and the bike sort of hesitated/stuttered before it took off. It made me curious so I tried it again with pretty much the same result. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? It was raining pretty hard today, so could it just be coincidence that something got wet and the problem doesn;t have anything to do with the work I had done? Any feedback would be appreciated.

#4 ·
TRY THIS

Install a new set of plugs and go to a place where you can open up the bike for a spell esp. uphill, with a Wide Open Throttle....then pull in the choke, cut the motor, no coasting down on the plugs,,pull them and then read them. This will tell you what is going on. then too if it was raining pretty hard you may have sucked in some water into the airbox...Kawasaki says that if this occurs you have to change the airfilter...once it gets wet (paper) it needs replacing. Sorry that is what my 250 Maintenance manual says.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.