Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My recently purchased 98 250EX has 25k on the odo. The throttle doesn't snap back to idle when I let go. It sorta sticks, might go back a little. Is it supposed to snap back to 0% throttle when I let it go? If so are there any recommendations for fixing this?

·
Registered
182 Posts
My throttle does kinda the same thing on my 02' EX500, I always thought I could just put some oil under the plastic that holds the grip. Never did that though as it still comes back to 0%. It just dosen't snap back like it did when it was new.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
THROTTLE SNAP BACK TO IDLE

First thing to do is to lubricate both of the cables! It should be free like you think it should be. the cables pick up a little moisture and they start acting wierd and doing just what you say. you could check the carbs too. but I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut hole that it is in your cables. If they are routed right, and have no crushed places...it doesn't leave much else. It's a little bit of a job, but get together with another buddy and chat, turn on the radio, have some refreshments and just spend the time having fun getting it done. It should get you through the summer once you lube and work them free. Of course you could do it the easy way...order new ones from beartoothkawasaki.com lube them an then lube the old ones and have a spare set, should you ever need them...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Lube

It's a little difficult lubing the cables with the Cable Luber device...but it does work...look for the easiest way to get the lube into the cable... Sometimes the adjusters have enough slack available (if you adjust the cable on each end..you may be able to lube from the midle adjusters and force the fluid up the cable to the throttle, then on the other side down the cable towards the carbs...Just get back to the forum...so that we know how you fixed it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts