Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ZN700 and my hand gets tired holding against the spring return tension of the throttle grip. After around 15 minutes, my right hand is numb. Is there any way to loosen the tension on the throttle grip without causing other problems. The throttle is not sticking, it just has a strong return. I bought this bike for my wife and if 'm haveing problems with it, she won't be able to drive it.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
If you wanted to shorten the return spring it would make it easier to hold, or you might look into finding a throttle lock of some kind, for any highway use.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Maybe you just grip the throttle too tightly, can you relax your grip a little ?

A throttle rocker, a plastic doddad that attaches to the throttle grip and adds a lever that you just rest the heel of your hand on are pretty inexpensive and do wonders.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Uncle Bob said:
Maybe you just grip the throttle too tightly, can you relax your grip a little ?

A throttle rocker, a plastic doddad that attaches to the throttle grip and adds a lever that you just rest the hell of your hand on are pretty inexpensive and do wonders.

I would also suggest wearing gloves... They seem to help take the vibration out of the throttle... When I ride without gloves my hands tend to fall asleep too so the answer is WEAR GLOVES...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the opposite problem. My throttle is too sticky and it will never spring back...always have to bring it back manually. What can I do to get the spring back?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
maxdoom said:
I have the opposite problem. My throttle is too sticky and it will never spring back...always have to bring it back manually. What can I do to get the spring back?
When's the last time you lubricated your throttle cable? Clutch cable too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts