Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has one off their bikes right now? I bought a hypercharger "knock off" if you will and I'm wondering if the adapter would fit? I'd prefer to buy one as they're not too expensive but if it's not going to fit then I'll just have to machine one myself. Pretty much what I'm asking is if anyone has the abilitly and time to take some measurements for me? Thickness, size of round hole etc... etc...
Thanks guys

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not quite a "knock off" but it's the same shape as the hypercharger without the butterflies... I'll take some pics as soon as I can.

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool send some pics and hole dimensions maybe ill take mine apart and see if its right my filter needs cleaning anyway and its justa couple more screws to get it off let me know
So I took some pics and measurements today. Here are the measurements.

2.5" thick
8.5" long
6 3/8" wide
The hole on the back is 2 1/4" id
Filter is 5 3/8"

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will take it apart tomorrow and see i looks the same but not sure i will write you tomorrow
Thank you so much that would be awesome of you. I would make one myself but if I can just order one that would work it would save me a headache of fabing one up.

·
Southern by Heart
529 Posts
man i am so sorry my wife kept me shopping all day and when i got home it was dark and really cold i didnt get it off ill try to do it tomorrow but i leave for offshore tomorrow too so i dont think ill have time but if you dont find anything out i promise when i get home ill tear it down dude im so sorry

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No worries man, no worries at all... I'm kinda leaning towards getting the adapter anyways. If it doesn't fit then I'm sure I can always find someone to take it off my hands.

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought it off of Debrix's ebay store... with Shipping it came to 90 bucks. It's meant for a Harley but I'm going out on a limb that most of the air cleaners have a pretty standard size and that's where the adapters come in. Probably a lot easier to stamp out all the same size aircleaners and just make some adapters for different bikes.

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like I said, no worries at all man. It's Christmas time... we're all busier than normal :) Given that it fits then I'll probably let everyone know so that we can all start using different aorcleaners then the few we can.

·
Southern by Heart
529 Posts

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bookmarked those install instructions as soon as I saw them... it's a great write up. Anyways Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I bought it off of Debrix's ebay store... with Shipping it came to 90 bucks. It's meant for a Harley but I'm going out on a limb that most of the air cleaners have a pretty standard size and that's where the adapters come in. Probably a lot easier to stamp out all the same size aircleaners and just make some adapters for different bikes.
Can you give me the exact listing for the e-Bay store when you got your hypercharger?

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
There is one on there now with a flame front only 88 bucks. Wowsers, that's cheap.

·
Shut up and ride!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is one on there now with a flame front only 88 bucks. Wowsers, that's cheap.
Yup... that's what caught my attention to try this. If it works with the thunder air adapter then we've found a cheaper alternative to the hypercharger. It's not just the hypercharger rip off but all the round hole ones... like the maltese cross, round one, bell ones.... and they're all under 90 bucks!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts