Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Looks like a good time. If it wasn't so close to the Red Lodge trip I would consider it as it would be great to ride with you again.

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
Looks like a good time. If it wasn't so close to the Red Lodge trip I would consider it as it would be great to ride with you again.
I was thinking the same thing.

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
Me and a few guys I ride with will probably go again like we have the past two years. It's only about an hour ride from my place.

I'll keep my eye on this.

·
Love my 1500!
2,460 Posts
A possibility, not too far for me.

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I made hotel reservations yesterday. I'm staying about 25 miles from the rally. I'll roll in on Friday early afternoon and leave on Sunday. Haven't planned my route at all yet from the Philly area----I have to take a look and see how I want to go to avoid too much hiway.

I'd love to do a Red Lodge trip----but just not enough vacation time to make it happen.

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You only need 2 weeks, 6 days out, 3 days there and another 6 back:smile:
Right---which leaves me with 5 days for the rest of the year, which just won't cut it with the other stuff I also enjoy doing.:|

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Right---which leaves me with 5 days for the rest of the year, which just won't cut it with the other stuff I also enjoy doing.:|

I hear your. Once your old like me you will have enough years in with your company to get the time you need:wink:

·
Registered
74 Posts
HECK YEA!!!! Its in my back yard...I go to it every year. Its a great show. People come from all around. Its in the old run down city of Johnstown that was a BOOMING steel city back in the day. Its not in a real convient town to get to. It sits way up in the mountains and its a gorgous view of mountain terrain.

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
I like going to see the parade and point out to the people I'm why you should be wary of buying used bikes. After watching half the people in the parade sitting in neutral and revving the hell out off the motors till they bounce off the limiter constantly, which they do every 20 feet, just re-enforces my point on the matter..... :lol:

It is one thing to rev the motor, It is a whole other to risk damage for no reason.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I like going to see the parade and point out to the people I'm why you should be wary of buying used bikes. After watching half the people in the parade sitting in neutral and revving the hell out off the motors till they bounce off the limiter constantly, which they do every 20 feet, just re-enforces my point on the matter..... :lol:

It is one thing to rev the motor, It is a whole other to risk damage for no reason.
LOL...never thought of that tho...kinda funny now that you point that out. Im goin out of state next time I buy a used bike....lol

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
:mrgreen: It is a great time.....mfg demo rides...plenty of good food and Jtown opens its arms for bikers...I'm lucky cause only 15 min. and I there....:mrgreen:

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Red Lodge has been canceled for this year, so maybe that means more people can go to this.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
:wink: Plenty of places to stay in town and in the outskirts but if ya want close to town or in town book as early as you can....rooms fill up fast
Red Lodge has been canceled for this year, so maybe that means more people can go to this.

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
We haven't been to it in a couple of years so we'll probably go this year since it's fairly local. We usually ride up to Westmont, park the bikes, then ride the incline down and back to avoid the traffic and parking problems.

Hey John, you guys getting plenty of sled time this year?

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:wink: Plenty of places to stay in town and in the outskirts but if ya want close to town or in town book as early as you can....rooms fill up fast
The in town stuff is pretty much already booked up.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
:mrgreen: I sure am Stene....best riding in a long time...beats looking at the bike and not able to ride...hopefully winter will turn to spring before too long!
We haven't been to it in a couple of years so we'll probably go this year since it's fairly local. We usually ride up to Westmont, park the bikes, then ride the incline down and back to avoid the traffic and parking problems.

Hey John, you guys getting plenty of sled time this year?

·
Registered
74 Posts
:mrgreen: I sure am Stene....best riding in a long time...beats looking at the bike and not able to ride...hopefully winter will turn to spring before too long!
Hey Rabbit...were u live?? You ride sleds too....I ride also. I got some Yamaha's....its been great ridin. Wish I could have made it to the moutains more this year but hell I been riding right around my house alot. I live out in farm country here in Mt Pleasant. Maybe we can ge together and ride this summer sometime.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts