Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Thunder Tornado Air Kit ordered and have been trying to see if this is something I should try to install myself. I don't consider myself the most technical person and was wondering if anyone has a write up on how to install it. I have a 1600 Mean Streak and would like to keep the looks of the left side even though it will not function. Do you still have to remove the tube and associated hardware? I was trying to look at the instructions thunder has online and it mentions removing the gas tank and several things that I hadn't planned on. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Don't have the write up, but I've put it on two different V2Ks now. There's nothing to them except you have to make sure you hook all of the vacuums/tubes to something or plug them up. The manufacturer should have instructions on line somewhere I'd think. Or call who you bought it from.

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
D,
The installation of a Thunder setup is not difficult. Instructions should come with the unit and is generally pretty straight-forward. As mentioned, just remember to attach the stock air sensors to the back of the mounting plate first, BEFORE you attach it to the jugs.

Thunder has a piece that can replace the left side (P/N T1610) that looks pretty cool compared to the stock piece if you're interested. Here: T-1610 - Decorative side plate
You could even have it powdercoated flat black to go with the bike if you're inclined to do so!

Regarding the installation: if you have an extra set of willing hands available, that'd help if you DO have to remove the tank. They could hold it up while you take out the necessary parts in lieu of removing the tank entirely. That'd be less stressful, IMO.
DS

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info guys! I think you have talked me into at least trying to install this myself. I'll make sure and save up some good words to let out while removing the crossover tube. It sounds fun!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts