Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, glad to be here. Bought a 2019 kx450 Saturday and loaded it up at 6:30, they closed at 6. They prep the bike while I completed the paperwork. I am not sure what all this is they do, but took it off of the show room floor and preped it. I get it home, push it into my garage since its dark. Im showing my wife, explaining all the $ i spent and started it. We hear this engine ticking noise, she looks at me funny sigh. I just bought my daughter a 110L a few weeks earlier, know they are nothing alike. I have a Honda TRX 450 r, but other than this dont know alot about these things. The noise is concerning. Im not sure if it is just the noise they make, it does this while it breaks in, or if something is wrong with my brand new bike. The dealer does not open until Tuesday. I have a brand new bike I am afraid to ride and its upsetting. I can hear it coming from the top of the engine. Spent all day looking over the internet trying to find out if this is something or nothing. I have tried to attach the sound recording here but do not seem able to

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not trying to be a smart ass but I'd wait till they open, probably Tuesday, and have them figure it out since it's under warranty. If you mess with it, there goes your warranty!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a 2020 Kx450 from Polaris dealer, and I’ve got like 5 good hrs on it, and until sat that just past, I go out and ride it on the track and hear this tic noise, so I keep riding and when I get back to the spot where I’m parked my brother says I hear tic noise. Prior to this me and my brother bought a 2019 kx450 from a seller on fb and we heard the same tic noise as mines is doing. So from looking into it, idk what the problem is because then19/20s have the new finger follower valves. We have 1year warranty on the bikes if u buy brandnew and from what I’m hearing is that they will replace anything wrong with it if they seee a problem. I’m kinda bummed out my self about it. I hear that they will dianogstic the bike and they can b able to tell if anything is outta form or not working right, yet again they can just say it’s normal and down the line we can b in major problems with them

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you takin the bike to the dealer? If you did what did they say? Or did the noise go away after the break in process? Im a little anxious to know because I just bought a 2020 kx450 rode the bike for 1 hour and noticed a ticking noise this is the first kawi I owned I use to have honda 2 strokes. it doesn't seem to affect ride ability but im a honda automotive tech and I swear I hear the sound of loose valves but im not sure its normal for this bike. I did get a 2 year warranty for the bike but I really don't want my bike takin apart if it doesn't have to be.... please help expensive bike, I love the bike, thanks for the time please help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yea I took to the dealer, I’m waiting on response back from them..they took video of the noise and sent it to kawi techs. I’m thinking it’s normal that’s my gut feeling because of the new finger follower system they added, but will see I guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea I took to the dealer, I’m waiting on response back from them..they took video of the noise and sent it to kawi techs. I’m thinking it’s normal that’s my gut feeling because of the new finger follower system they added, but will see I guess.
thank you I apricate the reply, but please keep me updated on what Kawasaki says thanks again xJCMXx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yea man I sure will, I’m pretty bummed out about it, these bikes are getting highly tech these days, I love the bike man it such great bike all around!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
yea, basically dealer said that if ya want us to take it apart ur gonna b charged for it. So I said I’m good on it, they really can’t tell what the issue is unless they take it apart, so it’s **** situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No bro that’s what I’m so pissed man, either i pay them to take it apart and pay them for labor which like $100 a hr just about, or I just work on it my own or just leave as is. I heard that the 19 and 20s have louder Valve trains, to my opinion I think there like that with the new finger follower system. But it still sucks bro brand new bike..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dude I feel the same way just bought mine two days ago lol I about **** when I heard it making that noise.. but it definitely making me feel better that other people are having the same issue making it definitely seem normal. Thanks for your feedback I appreciate it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts