Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to put a timing chain on my 1988 kawasaki ninja 250 and I just nedd to find out which piston I need to put on tdc driver side or pass?
and if you have any more info that might help I would sure appreciate it..
thanx

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts
That's funny.... on my 750 twin, both pistons go up and down together so TDC is the same for both sides.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean when you are sitting on the bike, is the left side or right side, its a 1988 kawi.
ninja 250 dohc,
thanx for the help..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im still trying to set the timing on my 1988 kawi ninja 250 dohc. the local library dont have what I need. I just need help, first of all I dont know which piston is the #1 side and I dont know where the lines on the cam gears are suposed to be after tdc? i've tried a couple of times but I'm touching a valve every time so if anybody could help that would be really cool,
thanx,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I say I am touching a valve I am turning the motor with a socket wrench and I'm not hurting anything.. so if you dont know how to time a dohc ninja 250 dont post back, this is my last attempt on this web site.. I would appreciate a good reply..thanx....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
practicing is right, and I wouldnt ever ride a crappy kawisaki anyways, its just a gocart.. and if I had the ****ing book I read it, and if the ****ing library had it I would check it out. I'm not going to spend $40 for a book I would only use once. hey if all those mechanics can't explain how to time a ninja 250 then they dont have a ****ing book either, by the way I ride a yamaha 1100 xs special, and thank you to everyone who has helped me those people are cool!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts