Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum. I have a 200 Nomad FI, and I will be installing VH pipes this weekend. 1) Any tips before install ? 2) What are the Torque specs for the exhaust header bolts ?? 3) How do you remove the baffles ??

I look forward the hearing the feedback.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
bagger duals

EJbigdog
i have a 2003 nomad that i installed the baggers on in august of this year. i do not know the torque specs on the head bolts, so i just did them by hand. you might want to check them after you run the bike. make sure your gaskets are seated properly before tightening the bolts. the rest of the install was pretty straight forward. the baffles come out with two allen head bolts on the bottom of the mufflers, at the back. i put mine back in, just without the heat wrap. without the baffles, they were way too loud and it just was not a good sound. sounded real "dirty" and i got a ton of decel pop. without the wrap, they seem to be just right, for me anyways. with the wrap, a little too quiet, but go with what suits you. good luck.
ps. be careful on the heat shield clamps, they break real easy, i used a 1/4" drive socket

1 - 2 of 2 Posts