Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you fellas will know this from experience, so here goes. I use my mule in low range 4x4 exclusive and would like the most ground clearance as possible. I do not want any kind of lift kit or mods that way. I can buy a 25x11x10 mud lite to go on the stock rims. Will they bottom out or rub? It is just me and my dog on the trail and just me with fire wood in box for house. The tires are 6 ply with 3/4" lugs. I can also get the same tire in 24x11x10. Stock dunlops are 23x11x10. I did a search and really did not get a good answer. Thanks Tim

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Sorry to say, if you intend to haul firewood, the answer is the larger 25 inch tires will rub. The 24 inchers will work if you are not bouncing over rough roads at speed.

I am not keen on larger tires or even the lift kits. I just hauled four elk out on mine all at once with stock tires in 22 inches of snow without any problem at all. I hauled the camp in through mud and snow without any problem and with six guys loaded up too.

I also do not break the rather expensive steering boxes from overstressing due to excessive leverage from larger tires. But, I understand I have two at the shop with just that problem from beating around with larger tires on rough ground, waiting for me when I get back home from my hunting. Not good for them, but it will pay for my hunting trip, so it is good for me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.