Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious on what you prefer using? I use Dunlop Qualifier. Sticks great and i can get about 5,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For the street I think that Michelin Pilot Power are the best. For the track I like the Pirelli Supercorsa Pro.

·
Banned
880 Posts
getting ready to buy my first set of tires and ill probably go with Metzler M3's. Any opinions? Its either that or the Pirelli Diablo Corsa i think its called.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I only have experience on the OEM Bridgestone Battlax 014s that came with my bike and I have nothing but bad things to say about them :biggrin: They take too long to heat up, they never offer great grip and when you near their limits they always feel like they want to give way. On the other hand I would have gotten probably 7K out of them if I hadn't crashed last week and popped the front. Now I will replace both front and rear and will be fitting Pirelli Diablo Corsa IIIs on them. I'm keen to see what they can do, have heard many good things about them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only have experience on the OEM Bridgestone Battlax 014s that came with my bike and I have nothing but bad things to say about them :biggrin: They take too long to heat up, they never offer great grip and when you near their limits they always feel like they want to give way. On the other hand I would have gotten probably 7K out of them if I hadn't crashed last week and popped the front. Now I will replace both front and rear and will be fitting Pirelli Diablo Corsa IIIs on them. I'm keen to see what they can do, have heard many good things about them.
i agree with you on the Battlax tire. Except my tire only lasted 4,000 miles:biggrin: which goes along with the heating up problem....Burn outs!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Burn outs!
Well that would explain it!

I certainly don't baby my bike... on the contrary, and if someone got 4K out of a Battlax from normal riding... I'd have to call them downright crazy!!! You'd have to drag knees round pretty much every corner, and probably slide round 1 out of 2 corners, to get that kind of wear on that tyre!

·
Lets RIDE!
934 Posts
Michline pilot powers 2ct. The only street tire to have dual compound front and rear. Huge lean angles, great corner feedback and sticky has gum. Didn't have 1 slip this season with them. The only thing I don't like about them is at low speeds they're hard to control becuase of how narrow the tire is and they sit the bike quite high.

675 came with supercorsa's and probably will put on diablo 3 just for the hell of it, but this will be a different bike and a different experience. So I won't be able to compare the 2ct to the diablo 3 since they're on a different bike...
"If it ain't broken, why fix it?" I don't feel like messing with a good experience I had from the 2ct so I'll keep the Michelins on the zixxer and see how the pirelli's do for the 675.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Michline pilot powers 2ct. The only street tire to have dual compound front and rear. Huge lean angles, great corner feedback and sticky has gum. Didn't have 1 slip this season with them. The only thing I don't like about them is at low speeds they're hard to control becuase of how narrow the tire is and they sit the bike quite high.

675 came with supercorsa's and probably will put on diablo 3 just for the hell of it, but this will be a different bike and a different experience. So I won't be able to compare the 2ct to the diablo 3 since they're on a different bike...
"If it ain't broken, why fix it?" I don't feel like messing with a good experience I had from the 2ct so I'll keep the Michelins on the zixxer and see how the pirelli's do for the 675.
You will like the Corsa IIIs...No need for dual compound up gront since the power is in the rear...As I mentioned in 10R.net, Corsa IIIs are more neutral in handling than say Qualifiers because Qualies have a higher apex which exaggerates the turns...When my friend had PPs I felt that as well and really do not like that feel...Neutral means I need to make the turn with the tire...Not the tire making the turn and me stopping the turn. That is me...Though you will like the Corsa IIIs. Supercorsas are sticky...Wear is fast.

·
Old Man Riding
930 Posts
getting ready to buy my first set of tires and ill probably go with Metzler M3's. Any opinions? Its either that or the Pirelli Diablo Corsa i think its called.
I just bought a 650R and I don't need tires yet. I've used Metzler's on my cruisers previously, and loved them. Just curious, what about the M3's make you choose them? What kind of mileage should I expect to get from the M3?

·
Banned
880 Posts
It was between those and the P. Diablo Corsa III's and it was so close to im just gonna go w/ the Metz'. Ive read so many great reviews about both tires and im looking for sticky traction as opposed to mileage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The stock BT014'ss are/were crap. A new set of BT014'ss off the shelf were good but not awesome.

Keep in mind as well the shape of the tire. Never used the M3's so I cannot comment on those, but the PP's have a quicker turn in due to the shape of the carcas. However this also makes it a bit harder to flip-flop from left to right and visa versa. The Pirelli's are more rounded and have a smoother transition from left to right visa-versa

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just curious on what you prefer using? I use Dunlop Qualifier. Sticks great and i can get about 5,000 miles on it.
5,000 eh? the wheels I'm looking to buy have some of those on them that are pretty much brand new.
I got 12,000 miles on the rear Dunlop D221 I have right now (on a '06 FZ1).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
5,000 eh? the wheels I'm looking to buy have some of those on them that are pretty much brand new.
I got 12,000 miles on the rear Dunlop D221 I have right now (on a '06 FZ1).
good to hear that you get 12,000 miles out of yours. i still only get 5,000. i guess i abuse mine a little more:rolleyes: burn outs , twisties and s-curves.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts