Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
VN900
208 Posts
It was an interesting report. I have 3 gauges and they all have hoses and bleed off valves. I like the two analog ones and hate the digital one because it is a one time shot on the display and has to be reset every time you make an adjustment which is awkward. They all read about the same when I compared them. It is better to buy one with a closer readout range to what you are measuring. I like the 0-60 scale better than the 0-100 scale because it is easier to read, especially when you are only trying to read between 25-45 psi.

·
Army Strong. Ride Long
587 Posts
I have the Oasis 4x4 gauge. It's pretty accurate (I had it checked at a race shop). I like it because it has a hose and bleed off valve. It's hard enough getting an air chock in behind the rotors let alone a pencil gauge. You can also add the air through the gauge too, so only one time connection to the schrader valve. Get out:
Item # TG50, Oasis Tire Gauges on Oasis Manufacturing

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
If you know where your gauge is reading, everything is relative. Even through the test almost all of the gauges were off in different ranges. Even if the gauge is off where it reads, you know what pressure works on which track. So what if your tire gauge reads low 2 psi at 40. If your tires work at 40 on your gauge, does it really matter that they are really at 38 psi? Again, everything is relative . . .

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
True...just have a set standard to live by...what your talking about above is known or applied bias error that is compensated for

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No need to start an air war I just found it interesting that a gauge accurate to + or - point .5 lbs across a 5-150lb range can be had for under 10 bucks. And maybe some one who was in the market for a new gauge might find it helpful.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Good article however it's been four years since it was written and in that time many of the companies listed could have changed manufactures or cheapened the manufacture of the gage to wring more profit out of it. I have a 30 year old pencil gage made by Schrader, in the USA no less, and wish I had a box of them. Most of the pencil gages for sale nowadays are crap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.