Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is in need of new tires. I have no idea what to look for and have a few questions. The tires on the bike are way to skinny the back is says 130 7 r18 What is the biggest tire that can be put on this bike on the back?
Sorry for lame questions but it really feels sqiurrely when I get in the throttle just a litte around turns.
Thanks for any help
Jim

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
TIRE SIZE

RED, That doesn't sound right at all. You should have a 130 70 17 on it...or something close to that for being a stock tire...Check it again and then jump back online. Freakinout has tried several tires and several othr guys are really into 500's and serious about 17" tires and what will fit. The one thing that you will find is that putting a 12" slick won't work on a 4" wheel and puting a wider tire on your bike is NOT the answer for the same reason it pinches the tire...Now putting a great sticky tire on it may be the answer if in fact you want a great tire. If all you want is a cruising tire that will last longer then that is not a problem either. Personally Some of us, I, believe that even if you get 8,000 miles out of a sticky tire and never have one slip with it, it is better to have never dropped the bike, causing more damage than several sets of tires would have cost...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I am just going to go with a stock replacement tires. It is an 86 ninja. Now I have to find a gas tank as the one on the bike is rotted out and will not go through inspection.
:x Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have an '87 750 that came with a 140/70-18 just put a 150/70-18 Avon SC AM23 on it and finished scuffing it this morning, that is the most amazing tire I have ever had on this bike. It sticks like glue to the road, only got to put about 50 miles on it so far after getting it scuffed in, can;t wait to ride to work to nite and play a little on the the way. Plus it looks mean as hell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts