Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think it would be a problem to go with the 150/60 17 Freakinout has on the back and the stock size up front? Just upping the size 10mm and messing up the speedo even more does not seem worth it. What do we think? CB

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
a 120/70 that I run leaves the speedo darn accurate. Reguardless of size you need to make sure and get the same tire compound.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a concern with balance or anything?

Freakinout you are probably right. Really how much difference can 10mm make really. I bet the speedo is within 1 or 2 miles an hour of the stock size, maybe less. What sizes is everyone else running on their EX500's? Stock or what? Freakinout-What kind of life do you expect out of your Diablos?

CB

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I've heard of lots of other people also running 150/60s on the rear, 110/70 front, 120/60 and 120/70

So far I've got 4K on my diablos, the rear is starting to develop a flat spot, but the front still looks and responds like a brand new tire. I expect 5-6K out of the rear and 7-8 out of the front. We'll see within the next thousand miles or so.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just be sure they clear the swing arm. I had a local dealer I thought was good put one on for me. I bought a pair of BT020 bridgestone 150/70/17 & 120/70 in the front from MAW. Took them to the dealer and the rear rubbed the swing arm. My dealer said nothing of it when I picked it up. I rode 30 miles and saw the rub. Now I can't return the tire for a smaller one and It can't be adjusted. When I told the guy at the dealership he said, "Well, when you bring in a tire and ask me to put it on I do." He told me that all he could do was to sell me a new tire. THAT WAS THE LAST THING HE COULD DO FOR ME!!!!!! I was looking for a new bike and had planned to sell mine for around 2000 anyway so I traded the bike for the money I would've wanted on a private sale and bought a Yamaha Vstar. I will never do business with the Kaw dealer in Nicholasville, KY again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts