Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats Good!! well i spent all last summer on the back of a bike.....it was a huge adrenaline rush at first, but now i feel the need.....the need for spead. So Im lookin for a good starter bike. I've been researching the EX250. Becuase I am a vertically challenged female i will need a lower bike for more stability. I am from the NY area if there is anyone out there looking to sell their starter bike for a reasonable price. I am new to riding so any info or opinions, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the input...good lookin out :D
Dstyle

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

dstyle,have you taken the saftey course yet? first do that,you'll prolly use a 250 for the course and you can decide if that is the bike for you. base your bike on the type of riding your gonna do most,starting small is not a bad thing but a 250 will get very boring rather quickly,keep your choice within your ability and try different scoots before you decide. mostly don't let someone else tell you what to ride-ride what feels good to you
hope this helps-good luck and keep us posted on what's happin'

ride safe :wink: :D

vertically challenged :lol: no such thing-there's a rider on here with his 4 year old son ridin' a 50 :p

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, I understand your desire. I got my first ride on the back of my father's harley when I was 4 and severals times during my childhood. Then I have been riding on the back of my boyfriends Shadow/Katana for 5 years. It took me a while to decide to go it alone and get my own bike, but finally I did it this past year. I took the motorcyble riders training course, already had a nice Ninja 500 and started practicing every day. First in parking lots then gradually out on the street and eventually took my first long rode trip (400miles total) 4 months later. I took the course with my co-worker and she is only 4'11". She had no problem on the bikes provided by the course. We have been trying to find her a bike and have been told that some bike (especially sport bikes) can be lowered. Also I know of a guy who carved the cushion out of the seat so he sat lower on the bike. Only problem with that is, if you have a large chest it may get in the way when you lean over the gas tank (which was her case).
Glad to have another potential fellow female rider though. Good Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ride a 250 and it's great... My 12 year old sister doesn't have any problem climbing onto it, and she can tiptoe the ground enough to balance it as well. Of course, I don't let her ride it, she just wanted us to snap a photo of her on it... but if you don't fit on the bike stock, it can be lowered fairly easily and I also know of a few people who carve some foam from their seat to lower it an inch or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts