Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read earlier posts on this but I still have some questions.

Freakinout had listed some tire sizes, 150 for the back and 120 for the front with diablos. Now, where can I get the tires? How much do they cost? Are there any online comparisons between brands/models? Who can put them on? Should I go to the dealer or should I take the rims off and go to a local shop?

Basically...if anyone out there did the bigger tires, what'd you have to do, what research results did you get, and how'd you get them installed.

Thanks,
GFunk

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
150/60/17 rear, 120/70 or 120/60 or 110/70 for the front. Your choice.

Your dealer, one of hundreds of online stores. Also there is beartooth kawasaki. A dealer can put them on, or anyone with equiptment that won't scratch the rim when mounting the tire.

Diablos are good, there are others though, its mostly just personal preference.

I'd suggest taking your rims off and taking the new tires to the dealer, its the cheapest way to go.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does beartooth have them on the site? I was looking before I posted and never found anything. I just want a site that I can compare prices...something like what tirerack.com is to car tires.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
you'll have to call beartooth to get the tire prices, but they'll give you a discount if your tell them your from the forum.

You can also search in google for 'motorcycle tires' or something similar to that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Erm i may have missed something here but when i owned a GPZ500 late model it didn't have anything like a 150 section rear tyre, in fact it used a 130 section at the rear and a 110 up front,

http://members.lycos.nl/gpz500s/specs.html

this link should have the details.

If you go for these sizes then i'd recommend going for the Pirreli Sport Demons, fantastic tyre for handling and not bad on mileage :)

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
The stock tire sizes are in fact 130/70/17 and 110/70/17

My personal preference for tire size is 150/60/17 and 120/70/17 (or 120/60/17 is a very good choice as well)

You can fit those sizes on the bike, and IMO it increases the bike's ability to handle greatly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts