Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,, just wanted to know aprox how miles we can do with oe tires on a nomad???

have yourselfs a nice day

tks ps no i'm not still on my kickstand(he he)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

depending on how you ride 7k to 10k and what tire it is

my brother got 9000 on his nomad (bridgestones) :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
forgot to ask ,what is the best tire to replace oe tires ,is it with the same or something else??? asking for your opinion,i know if i ask 10 people i'll get 10 different answers

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i prefer metzlers or avons on the vulcans -
the bridgestones are decent for oem they get a little loud after some miles
but they are less expensive - i've had real good service out metzler
over the years :wink:

·
Registered
36 Posts
:)

Hi guys....

I agree with BikeAholic....

I ride Metzlers and just recently Avon since a dealership nearby now handles them as well. Also had great mileage with one Michelin Macadam on the front ( got 10k out of that ) and it was GREAT in the rain.

Average on my Metzlers is 8 to 10 k ... rear tire goes first and I ALWAYS change in sets. NEVER just one. Tires are cheap and Life is irreplaceable. If there's anything you dont want on the cheap.. its tires !

regards........

Ernie in NH

ps: Bridgestone is for cagers... not you. I wouldn't put them on my bicycle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow is great to ask a question and get so many reponses,tks everyone again what a great site!!!!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree about the tire noise on the Stones. At about 2500 miles I started to hear a growl in the corners. Now even a slight bank will start it up and it's quite loud, even in a mild corner. I could do without that noise, but we'll see how long they last. 4800 miles on them now, with a 1500 mile trip coming up next week. Hope they last the summer.. :wink:

·
Registered
605 Posts
yeah, my tires should hit 10,000+ miles and should live to 11,000 but i'll more than likely change them next season anyways

1 - 10 of 10 Posts