Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I'm running a Bridgestone 195/60-16 car tire on the back and an Avon Venom rear tire (mounted backwards) on the front. They are an excellent combination. I also ride two-up often, and sometimes pull a trailer.

·
Lets Ride!
442 Posts
I have Conti Milestones on mine. I have about 6000 miles on then and they look great. Many miles to go. They aren't as grippy as Avons, but they last longer. They also have a bit more material in the sidewalls, so payload is a little higher and there's less sidewall flex in corners. The only down side is that because of the stiffer sidewalls, they don't ride quite as soft. I got the WWW's and they stay white with no signs of yellowing. The sig pic I have is with about 5000 miles on them already.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
What Kind Of Tires Would You Put On A 1600 Nomad, I Usualy Ride Two Up?? Let Me Know
Thanks

Round ones. Definitely put wheels on that are round. Square ones, not so good.

Looks like you got good examples already. If you've thought about going dark, I can give you a website.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
My last tires were the ME880's and got 16K miles (excellent in FLA) vs 10K on the Bridgestones. The next question is cost compared at dollar per mile. If you pay only for balance (as I do) there is no real advantage other than inconvenience. However if you have to pay to have them mounted and balanced the METZLER saves some money.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.