Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been looking around town for shops with fenders and havent had any luck. Of course most have said I don't need a fender and say it looks fine without. So here I will see what ya guys think.

With out fender

With fender (Note it is just sitting on wheel wont fit with cross brace and 90 tire)

Personally I want a fender so I can put my eagle ornament back on.

So what ya think?

Also for any of ya in the valley here could tell me where a shop that has blank fenders so i can size one up, would be appreciated.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I'm up for the fenderise project as well.
I'm using what appears to be the same tire on my 900. 90-90-21 and fender fits perfect. Maybe if you just customize a bracket or something to make it fit.

·
Registered
146 Posts
surprised the tire doesnt fit ....ive got an 07 with 90/90 pirelli night dragon and the fit is great....nice and tight to the fender.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think it looks good. I'm in the east valley, home tommorrow. send me an message, I can fab you a bracket. But if it dont rub I'd leave it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know if the metzlers are different or if I just have an odd sized tire, but it does rub heres some awful pictures to show it. waning they are blurry.

You can't really see it too well but the raised areas that receive the bolts for fender are grooved from the tire and there are grooves in the fender also. I had already modified the bracket to allow it to be adjusted to not rub as bad. And now with the superbrace on I can't raise the fender up to stay off the tire. So that's why I am looking to put a after market fender on. I'm just having a hard time finding anyone with fenders to try on. I'm Leary of ordering one off the web cause it might not fit. Here are two I like so far:
Biker's Choice Custom Narrow Front Fenders, 4in Reversible - 80-Up Softail, Wide Glide and custom applications RTI04

and
MeanCycles - KAWASAKI - VN 900 - FENDERS - BIKERS CHOICE - NOMAD FRONT FENDER

But neither one gives dimensions so I don't know if I can use them or not.

·
900 LT
1,135 Posts
Just file the mounting bolt holes about 1/4 inch oblong and raise it a tad.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Funny,
I had the same idea about my black VN800.
I like the Fenderless chopperlook, although it will not do any good to my radiator.
Thinking of cutting it on the upper front end just to make it smaller.
Btw, very nice ride you have!
The color, rims, armpit ventilors..sweet...
In your case, the fender looks very good on it.
The blue stands out very good with the rims, it makes contrast.

·
Registered
543 Posts
When you hit water you'll regret not having that front fener. :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Btw, very nice ride you have!
The color, rims, armpit ventilors..sweet...
Thanks.
Never heard the term armpit ventilators before tho. Do you mean the wide cruiser bar?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thought you had apes on it.
I always name them the "armpit ventilators"
No more need for deodorant.
:) Nope just really tall risers. with the widest cruiser bar they have. Puts my hands almost exactly even with my shoulders. Very comfy for long hauls.

·
Bug Killer Extraordinaire
490 Posts
I'm not sure if it the same as 1500, but I was told the fender was required for fork integrity.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts