Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont get me wrong, i love the look of the hypercharger on my bike. But does anyone else have that annoying problem of the hypercharger sticking out to far making the ride uncomfortable?:eek:

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
Thats one of the reasons I decided not to put one on my bike, with my Classic I would have been hanging my right foot half way off the floorboard. With the Baron BAK I moved the right floorboard out about 3/8" which did help some. I really do like the way it looks on your bike however...

Good luck...

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Seems to be a recurring theme for HyperCharger owners. Have heard it said many times before on this and other forums (Suzuki, Kawi, etc)

DS

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the barons the go eh! I think i might change to one of them. i see they make a nice flame accented one.

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
So the barons the go eh! I think i might change to one of them. i see they make a nice flame accented one.
Can't say for sure if the Baron is the way to go or not. It's a matter of personal choice (for looks/functionality) and fitment. It IS nice looking though!

Keep trying to find others with the Baron's and/or other aftermarket intakes and see if you can get pix from them so you can get a baring on how far each type sticks out. I kind of liked the Thunder Tornado series since it angles 90 degress forward right from the intake port instead of sticking straight out.

Tons of options out there, so I would suggest you exhaust your energies getting feedback and pix from owners of all types of intakes for your bike so you can make an informed decision in lieu of buying the Baron's and "hoping" it solves your problem.

My $.02,
Daryl

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the regular hypercharger (not the pro series, which is larger). It does not interfere with my riding position at all. I am very pleased with it so far.

·
08 Victory/12 Victory CCT
1,315 Posts
"Chuncks" nice ride bro but time to ditch the reflecters. LOLOLOL

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey Teamlopez1 I have been thinking about getting ride of those deflectors. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can remove them easily? Or... if anyone else has removed them please let me know how you did it.

·
08 Victory/12 Victory CCT
1,315 Posts
We removed my wifes reflecters on here 06 900LT by heating them up with a blowdryer first then I used some fishing line to get behind it and SLOWLY worked it down the back side (like a sawing motion)while still heating up the reflecter. The trick here is patients big time. Then once we got them off we used WD-40 to remove the glue and boom the bike is done. That easy bro.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey Chunks... just wondering where you got the cover for your hypercharger? It's not the standard one that I see in all the pics... it looks awesome on the Custom.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I like the Hypercharger on Chunks but not on Waynos's. It works with the chrome on Chunks. I think the Thunder Tornado in black would look better on Waynos's BUT it's your own personal taste that is important. Hell, I like fruitcake and for some reason or other, alot of people think it's yucky.

·
Riding to Stay Young
343 Posts
I like the Hypercharger on Chunks but not on Waynos's. It works with the chrome on Chunks. I think the Thunder Tornado in black would look better on Waynos's BUT it's your own personal taste that is important. Hell, I like fruitcake and for some reason or other, alot of people think it's yucky.
There are only about 120 fruitcakes in the whole world. No one really eats them, they just rewrap them and give them to someone else next holiday season.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Blasphemy!!!

;)

Oh, I found the picture I was thinking of on this board in THIS thread. It works for me. Although you have the chrome pipes so maybe from the same angle the hypercharger would look better.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Common complaint from HC owners.
On the Meanie SE, go for a black Tornado.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts