Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!!!

My name is Aracely, but they call me tely I am a 36 year old women from Florida, and I need some advice from you all.

I bought a 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 custom few month ago and I have a little problem....the gear shifter and rear brake pedals are a little far away, I reach the floor fine, but the problems are the pedals.....I think is due to the tank being alot wider then the one I had before a " vulcan 500".

I have called a million places, and to my amazement,they dont do such adjustments...they do fowarding adjustment for tall people...but not the kind to pull back the shifter and rear brake for short people.

Come to think about it, they dont do alot of adjustment to the 900 vulcan custom, because I also ask if they had the kit for the 240 fat tire and they did not, which is something else i would like to get on my bike in the near future.

Can someone help me and give me some advice, if you have encounter the same problem...I would greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there. I'm facing the same problem. Did you find a solution. I just bought a 2006 Vulcan, and I love it. But if I could have a little more comfort in this respect, I would love it more!

·
Super Moderator
11,070 Posts
I found the forward controls annoying, especially with too much reach for the handlebars. It was like I was forced into a C position with legs and arms stretched out in front of me. On all 3 of my cruisers (2 Kaw, 1 Honda) installing pullback risers for the handlebars helped immensely by letting me sit up straighter, not hunched over. Reaching the factory positioned controls was much easier. I'm average height at 5'10" but only 29" in the inseam if that helps. Folks of shorter stature found that replacing handlebars with some with more sweep toward the rear helped as well by allowing straighter sitting which in turn allowed them to scoot forward in the seat to reach the controls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Complete rookie here, so I had to look up "forward controls"! Your suggesion makes sense. If the handles are closer, I can see a more relaxed riding stance. Will bring this up when I talk to the guys at the maintneace shop. Thx!

·
Super Moderator
11,070 Posts
Ah, I see. Yes, have them check to see if any aftermarket controls were put on. One possibility is bringing them back toward you some with OE equipment.

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Get a set of Handlebar Risers, they come in all kinds of lengths and angles. A lot of times you can use these with swept back handlebars to get you out of that "C" position. I don't know your bike exactly, but this quick search brought up these (see below) I used to convert bikes a lot to get people into comfortable positions. There is a lot more available now than there was in those days. :)

Link = 1" Handlebar Drag Bar For Kawasaki Vulcan 800 900 VN800 VN900 Classic Custom | eBay

A more general search brought up these pictures:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts