Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At about 12:30 last night, my EX250 Ninja was stolen from my driveway. The other day, I managed to snap the clutch cable on a ride to my girlfriend's house, and had to dump it behind a church until the next day. The next day, I had to walk it home about 20 blocks.

The next day nothing happened. Then last night came around.

I was awakened by a nice female police officer that said my bike was down the road (about five blocks away). She drove me down to go get it, and when I got there, I nearly cried!

It was flipped over on it's side, and when I manged to pick it up, I noticed that the ignition was DESTROYED, the ignition wires had been cut, the barake lever was broken in half, the right clip-on was broken off and there was substantial damage to other places.

To get this, the had to rip the ignition to get the steering lock off and then they managed to start it and take off. Too bad that I had broken the clutch the day before. They couldn't have gotten far, since there was only one working gear and no way to stop it from stalling at a stop. Fools with no fucking respect. This is my property and I guess they were blind to that. I'm only 18, and this is new for me.

I'm glad I got back, but it's going to take a hell of alot to get it going again. It also requires a new main wire harness. Insurance will help me hopefully. Note to you all: Buy security, it's the best thing you can have when you don't have a garage. It's been a hectic day and now I have to right these wrongs...

Thanks,

Vince McLaughlin

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. A few tips for everybody. Get an alarm for your bike, this will help. Also put a cover over the bike if its not parked in a garage, most theives won't go pull the cover off because they don't know if the bike is a POS or not.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The best thing I think you can buy is a Kryptonite Front Disc Lock. They're virtually indestructable.

I wish I would have known that earlier! :cry:

·
Registered
191 Posts
im sorry to hear that man, its a **** shame. I hope insurance takes care of it for you. I had a friend get his bike ripped off right infront of his apt. and insurance paid for book value of it. If it is real bad the best thing you can hope for is for it to be totaled and buy it back from the ins company. If it never leaves your hands you dont have to have a salvage title. my gpz was totaled but the insurance company gave me 1400 and teh bike, i only paid 800 for it. It truely is a shame but i hope it comes out good for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about it. That really sucks. Maybe you can make some good come out of it though, if you can get some money out of your insurance company, then put the labor in yourself and come out of it with a little extra cash for upgrades... Either way, I hope it all turns out well for you! Good luck!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys (and girls, hehe). This is how it went down today... I didn't even bother to call the insurance company as my premiums would have rocketed!

My dad drove me down to the bike shop (Ultimate Cycle), on his 1977 Honda CB750 four K! He nearly killed me. I was the forst passeneger he has had since he got the thing... The day after mine!! Hehe. But, the guy at the shop offered me a "donor bike" to steal parts off of... It was a real old 250 Ninja... I got the ignition, clutch cable, brake levers, clip-ons, and the rear wheel with a fresh Metzler tire on it. And all for only 230 dollars... This was the deal of a lifetime for me. All these OEM parts new would have cost me well near 600. The thing runs better than ever now. I just wish I could find the thieving ******* who did it.

Thanks for all your insight everyone... I really appreciate it and it means alot to me. Take very good care of yourselves and your bikes! Go out and buy locks and security galore!

Once again, thank you to my new friends!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
ZX-6RR Ninja said:
Hey guys (and girls, hehe). This is how it went down today... I didn't even bother to call the insurance company as my premiums would have rocketed!

My dad drove me down to the bike shop (Ultimate Cycle), on his 1977 Honda CB750 four K! He nearly killed me. I was the forst passeneger he has had since he got the thing... The day after mine!! Hehe. But, the guy at the shop offered me a "donor bike" to steal parts off of... It was a real old 250 Ninja... I got the ignition, clutch cable, brake levers, clip-ons, and the rear wheel with a fresh Metzler tire on it. And all for only 230 dollars... This was the deal of a lifetime for me. All these OEM parts new would have cost me well near 600. The thing runs better than ever now. I just wish I could find the thieving ******* who did it.

Thanks for all your insight everyone... I really appreciate it and it means alot to me. Take very good care of yourselves and your bikes! Go out and buy locks and security galore!

Once again, thank you to my new friends!

Very Cool!!! 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts