Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or maybe I should learn to read all of the instructions first.

I snapped another bolt on my bike. This time it was a bolt that holds the right side engine cover. But the good news is I figured out why i keep snapping bolts off. I had to torque these to 87 in/lbs. I set my torque wrench to 87 ft/lbs. I was begining to think Kawi was using cheap fasteners, but it was just my trying to speed though things. The really bad thing is the hardware store was closed so I have to wait till tomorrow, so probably no riding til sunday. Providing I actually fixed it right.

·
Registered
887 Posts
really lucky you didn't strip the threads from the engine housing, or crack it. Good thing for cheap bolts.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
We depend too much on tools and too little on common sense!

I've been using a navigation system the last few years and I'd be lost without it.

·
Banned
3,180 Posts
Or maybe I should learn to read all of the instructions first.

I snapped another bolt on my bike. This time it was a bolt that holds the right side engine cover. But the good news is I figured out why i keep snapping bolts off. I had to torque these to 87 in/lbs. I set my torque wrench to 87 ft/lbs. I was begining to think Kawi was using cheap fasteners, but it was just my trying to speed though things. The really bad thing is the hardware store was closed so I have to wait till tomorrow, so probably no riding til sunday. Providing I actually fixed it right.
At least it was only a bolt. Didn't NASA crash a Martian probe because they didn't convert from English to metric? At least that's what they want us to think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts