Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k. I haven't ridden for almost 10 years. My last bike was a 76 honda cb400ss. The 400 4 cylinder is a: not super and b: not sporty BUT anyway.......I bought a 2001 EX 500 R. I promptly laid it down in the Applebees parking lot and 2 weeks later in a curve because I got tunnel vision on the guard rail. Lucky me I was not injured (other than my pride and my wallet for the repairs)

MY QUESTION IS: Where do I get parts like below and the replacement decals. I know I can get them from the dealer but a: they will be the most expensive place to get 'em and b: I will be taking another dive on the pride front because I will have to dmit that I am one of the downed. I broke and or scratched the following....top fairing near the headlight (small piece broke out & scratching)... lower fairing decal and minor scratching...both front forks (scratched I can live with or cover with reflective tape)...clutch lever (broke off end knob)...bar ends (scratched)...and "engine" case on right side (not sure what it is called but the round thing that says kawasaki and the round thing that the radiator hoses go into and out of). And where do I get a mechanics manual to lear to fix it?

.....P.S. this is a great site I appriciate all of you and your help...wish this was here 10 years ago I prob. wouldn't have quit riding.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
PARTS and Repairs

look up www.por15.com for some of the things that you want...then call Brad at OZ Cycle Salvage 785-242-0600 and tell him Lindsey said to ask for prices. Some of them you may actually get cheaper at Beartooth Kawasaki, our FORUM Sponsor...you can either call them or click on the Part that says Discount Kawasaki Parts & Accessories. The people working there are the greatest. They had the part numbers for my stuff and prices, all I needed to give them was my name and address...and my card number. They told me maybe three weeks, and I found the parts in my box on like the 8th day!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Also have a look on ebay. There is a ton of ex500 stuff and some aftermarket things like carbon fiber looking levers, we just got some of them for a friends bike, I wish they had them for mine looks cool. Good luck on fixing it up. Crashing is a great learning experience providing just injured pride.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Don't know what your previous experience was but would suggest you take MSF ( I think everybody should take MSF every couple of years ).

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yeah Bike Bandit has every part you should ever need are be able to get it for ya. They just seem kinda high on alot of stuff but sometimes they can get ya stuff nobody else can.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Agreed on both of the ideas on BikeBandit. Great resource and $$$ pricey sometimes.

May I suggest still using the dealer or another local independant shop though.
Here and there you will get a great deal and then sometimes feel like you are taking it up the ummmm tail pipe :) . No better place to meet people than at the bike shop..... But the more you show up the more breaks they will give you on price!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I agree, if can find a good shop stick with it, the more business you give them the better they will treat you in the long run. They usually have access to anything you can get on the web but without the hassle and shipping charges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts