Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and got me an 04 Ninja 500R yesterday. The total price for everything was $6000, but that included the bike, JR jacket, JR gloves, Icon helment, and the 48 month GTPP warranty. Got $50 worth of straps for free cause I found a chip in the paint and the salesman is ordering me a bottle of touch up paint so I can get that fixed. Does this seem like a pretty good deal to you guys? I thought it was a great deal myself. Also have a question for you. Loading the bike in my truck and getting it out was a pain. Do you guys have any suggestions? The bike weighs about 400 pounds. You can go to www.ftwtrucks.com/bccromer to see what my truck looks like. Any certain ramps that may be helpful, or should I just invest in a good dump trailer to make it easier? I really don't want to have to pull a trailer around, plus I like the look of the bike in my truck. What would you guys suggest about hauling it and do you think the whole deal was good?

Brad

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
BRAD

Brad, first of all don't drive around with the bike in your truck, ride the bike! Aluminum ramps are the lightest. Getting a decent boat trailer and adding a sheet of 3/4" Marine Grade Plywood and doing either Non-skid or linex liner from someplace like NAPA is really cool then getting "C" channel out of aluminum and drilling holes and using O ring ANCHERS ont the cheap little things like in hardware stores but the 2 1/2" ones that have a 3/8 to 1/2" hole so that the drill bit is about 1/2" and then use big heavy duty washers and locktite. also set up the anchors so that you can lock the bike to the trailer and so that the trailer can also be locked up to something solid. Then with the boat trailer yo can raise the hitch on it and back the bike off smoothly each and every time...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Bought mine a week ago, did not get all the goodies you did, but bike, tax, title, registration and four year extended warranty. $5325.00. He did throw in chain lube and a cargo net. Ordered a helmet separately as they did not have one i wanted in stock, but he gave me a great discount on it. HJC AC-11 Yikes for $149.00, but paying cash for that. Only bad part of the bike is trying to keep it under 4000 rpm’s for 500 miles! Have fun!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will drive it most times, but if I go back to my parents for the weekend which is 3 hours away or to Florida on vacation and need to carry stuff then I will haul the bike there so I can ride it. The helment I got was $250, the jacket was $200. I didn't get a cargo net which I do want one. I think it was a pretty good deal. I really have to learn to ride the bike first as it is my first one, so I haven't worried about keeping it under 4000 rpm's. Spent today getting comfortable working the throttle and clutch so I don't choke down when starting off. Finally got the hang of it.

Brad

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Congrats!!
I got my bike OTD w/warranty Shoei helmet for $5300.00 and had it delivered.... :wink: If you do put in the back of any truck or on a trailer be sure not to tighten the front forks down to much, they still have to "give" some bit...keep that in mind.
Enjoy the ride on your new bike, and don't forget about "break-in!!!"
Have fun!! 8)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

you have the most expensive helmet i've every heard of ninjagirl :lol:

sorry-could'nt resist :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I went out for about a 5 mile ride today. Had to keep it short cause I don't have my license or insurance yet. Afraid I will get caught. I love it. First time ever on a bike and it was awesome. I didn't get over 35 or so cause I was on back roads, but I gunned it one time and it has some nice getup even keeping under 4000 rpm's. I can't wait to go get my license and get on the road for real. Until then I'm about to go back out and ride around the block a few more times.

Brad

·
Registered
134 Posts
bccromer said:
Loading the bike in my truck and getting it out was a pain. Do you guys have any suggestions? The bike weighs about 400 pounds.
I picked up my 600 pound Concours in a 4WD Dodge 1500 with a too high bed. Getting the bike up the rack and in the bed was like that World's Strongest Man contest. When I got home, I backed into my neighbor's driveway, which is a bit lower than mine, and turned sideways. Backing up to a hill really makes the ramp slope much more manageable.

Enjoy your bike!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts