Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I purchased a used 06 vulcan 1500 classic about two months ago. From a previous post I found the toolkit is supposed to be on the left side inside the locking side panel. There was no kit so I just purchased one on Ebay and received it today. The problem now is there is no room for the toolkit. There is a compartment with a rubber strap, but there is already something in the compartment. It is a small black plastic box with two sets of wires coming out of the bottom, and an unconnected small tubular opening on the top. I am not sure what this is, but with it there there is no way the tool kit fits there too. Please let me know if I am missing something, or how the tool kit fits in?

Thanks for any help.

Flanman

·
humble pie consumer
3,853 Posts
Hi all,
I purchased a used 06 vulcan 1500 classic about two months ago. From a previous post I found the toolkit is supposed to be on the left side inside the locking side panel. There was no kit so I just purchased one on Ebay and received it today. The problem now is there is no room for the toolkit. There is a compartment with a rubber strap, but there is already something in the compartment. It is a small black plastic box with two sets of wires coming out of the bottom, and an unconnected small tubular opening on the top. I am not sure what this is, but with it there there is no way the tool kit fits there too. Please let me know if I am missing something, or how the tool kit fits in?

Thanks for any help.

Flanman
is the black box connected to anything? it sounds like the previous owner put the box where the tool kit is supposed to go. it goes under the plastic door under the side panel on the left side.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The black box is connected with two sets of wires coming out of the bottom. The bottom of the box has some colored dots on the bottom as well (yellow,blue,red). It appears to be something electrical to me.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok.. after doing some more research I have found out what the mystery box it. I live in AZ and bought the bike here, but it looks like this bike was originally sold in California and has charcoal canister for cleaner emissions. Now I will have to see if I can remove it or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts